“Ocean roll...need I say more?!”
Review of Sparrow Bakery

Sparrow Bakery
Ranked #1 of 10 Bakeries in Bend
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Whenever I want to treat myself I get an ocean roll with my coffee. One of the most amazing pastries ever!!!!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a small cafe/bistro a little off the beaten path but well worth the few minutes to drive there from downtown. We ordered our croissant, farm fresh egg, cheese, avocado (w bacon or not) sandwiches and americanos and sat outside on the sunny patio. It was a fresh, amazing buttery croissant filled with a wonderful combination that left us happy.

Just the sandwich and coffee were exactly what we were wanting. If you are looking for hash browns or any side this isn't where you should visit. But if you are looking for fresh, local, delicious fair then go here!

I caught a few of the lunch menu items coming out to other patrons and they looked amazing. A very generous salad portion and the sandwiches looked generous and tasty as well.

What we really loved about this location was the artist co-op pretty much attached. There is a building just across the patio that you can walk through and see about 20 artist's works (jewellery, clothing pieces, paintings painted with coffee and beer(!), small wood works, and on and on). We loved it and bought a few things to take back to Canada with us. Very nice people and it always feels great supporting the art scene in any city.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The customer service is outstanding! Every time my family goes to either sit down or take-out, you feel comfortable. The Ocean Rolls are hands-down our favorite, but there are a lot more scrumptious treats.

It's amazing what they did to that building!

1  Thank Intl_traveler78
Reviewed August 27, 2012

A small bakery with delicious food. Their Ocean Roll doesn't look that different, but it really is amazing and worth the try. It awakened my appetite and after seeing someone order their breakfast sandwich I went back in and tried one for myself. It was also delicious, with a thicker cut peppered bacon, a nice green aoli sauce and a perfectly poached egg.

1  Thank Melawat
Reviewed August 9, 2012

When all is said and done, it's a bakery; high priced at that. Nothing gourmet about the goods or location. Staff is always pleasant.

1  Thank FishyBendOregon