“advertisement is not all”
Review of Ariana Restaurant

Ariana Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ariana Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 471 Restaurants in Bend
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 13th
Reviewed August 2, 2013

we had a reservation on 08.02.2013 and started with a table outside in the backyard garden. There was no table cloth available which as such does not correspond to what one would expect under the term of fine dining.....
Selecting the tasting menue we were not only confronted with a confusing recomendation for a local wine (at the end we got a different one ....) but also with a non pre announced change in the menue. The food was ordinary and nothing special - partly overcocked salmon and the filet was rather done than something else - we had not been asked how we would like to have the filet ..... .
The non alcoholic coctail was bitter but exchanged to orange juice after protest - positive. The local vegetables were reduced to potatoes found in every course ....
All in all a disappointing event - we eat much better the day before in sun river resort which however does not claim to be a leading restaurant .....

5  Thank Georg W

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Fresh ingredients, cooked lovingly and served by attentive staff. We could not have wished for a better meal. I enjoyed the beef carpaccio, a personal favorite dish. My companion had the shrimp with grits. We shared the fried green tomatoes, a special this particular evening. We skipped entrees and went for the chocolate panna cotta. Mmmmmmmm, everything was fabulous. Thank you for the great meal, we will be back!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was a first rate find on Tripadvisor! I can't begin to describe how delicious our meals were. Service was excellent, ambiance was perfect and best of all, the food was amazing!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Two couples had three different entrees, and all were outstanding. Repetitive superlatives are not necessary for what was our best meal in Bend. We will definitely return.

1  Thank Sander9585
Reviewed July 2, 2013

From the reviews I read and recommendations from friends in Bend, I had high expectations coming to this restaurant. Looking at the menu, I was expecting...more.

We did come here with kids and the service was fantastic. The kids were well behaved (helped by the noise of the restaurant) and our waitress was terrific with them - treating them like a young adult, which they loved. The food came pretty promptly as well. If I were out for date night, I may have wanted to savor and the company a bit, but with the kids, the prompt service was much appreciated.

Cocktails were inventive and good.

Food was good. I expected a certain level of creativity and flare, which was lacking. Don't get me wrong - the food is very good. Just not the best that I've had. But this is exceptional food for Bend.

2  Thank Portland_visitor