“Old Fashioned Soda Shop”

Goody's Soda Fountain & Candy
Ranked #3 of 18 Dessert in Bend
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Love this place. Totally an old fashioned soda shop! Great popcorn, sodas, sundaes and loads of yummy candy. Awesome place to take the family,

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Went here for my birthday week to enjoy it all! Great homemade chocolates, candies, popcorn options, ice cream! Enjoyed some choice chocolates and ice cream. My husband loved his ice cream Sunday as well!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were in town for a job interview and I always try to seek out "real" ice cream places. Goody's is a very small chain (6) that has a place in Beaverton and Boise and the rest locally. They make their ice cream in Bend.

It is one generation away from the long time family business it had always bee. Right downtown, easy to find, cute, and good. Plus the candy was great!

The chocolate malt was very good. They had what looked and felt to me like a "real" soda fountain with Green Rivers, floats, and all sorts of things. But what do I know, I was having a chocolate malt for breakfast!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at a nearby restaurant and then walked a short distance to have dessert here. I didn't find that this would be classified as Soda Fountain...yes, there was a counter to sit at that had a couple of stools, and yes, there were a few tables...BUT they didn't serve the ice cream in the traditional glass dessert dishes. We received our sundaes in a cardboard takeout bowl so you lose the Soda Fountain feel.

I didn't find the ice cream to be anything special. There were only about 8-10 ice cream flavors to choose from and the nuts were a bit on the skimpy side. I think I would spend my money somewhere else next time in hopes of getting better ice cream with more toppings. Sorry, Goody's you didn't live up to your reputation.

2  Thank USN_Seabee_Wife
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have been frequenting Goody's since I was a baby. My family and I, and now my husband and I head over to Bend for vacation at least twice a year and Goody's is always a must pretty much every day we are there. The candy is delicious, the chocolates they make are superb and the classic soda fountain drinks are my absolute favorite. My go-to drink is always a chocolate coke with cream (it may sound weird, but I promise you will love it!). If you're travelling to Bend/Sunriver for the first time, or if you've just never stopped into Goody's, make sure you do! It will be one of the most delightful experiences you have while visiting!