“Very delicious food”

Cross street: SW Century Drive
Bend, Oregon
“Very delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband planned on taking me to Baltazar's for a long time now.
Now I understand why. Dinner for two costed 120$. We only had 2 margaritas.
I had medium size, my husband had a jumbo. For dinner I had a dish with crab, white fish, prawns, scallops, octopus(which was cooked to perfection) and veggies over rice with chipotle sauce. I won't lie it was one of the best dishes I ever had. Very generous portion. I have enough for tomorrow lunch. My husband had fajitas. Prawns were a bit overcooked but he enjoyed the meal after all. Service was friendly, even though the waitress did not say hello in the beginning.
We heard all the rumors about the owner being rude to customers, but gave it a chance. He was there and was nice to us. I think the place is overpriced though. We like eating out, but for that price we will only come there once or twice a year, maybe.

• Visited September 2013

Portland, Oregon
“superior Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was a minority of one among four who would rather avoid Mexican restaurants for their oversized portions, but the meal and the service at Baltazar's was spot on. The portions while generous were not insane and the food was exceptionally tasty and fresh. Drinks were generous and delicious and service was friendly competent and good-humored. The outside patio was perfect and if I lived closer to Bend, I would return there often. That would give joy to my Mexican-food loving husband.

Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Charged to share a meal!!!!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Disappointed when we got the bill to discover that we were charged $5 just to get an extra plate! With one meal, and 2 drinks, our bill was over $40! The seafood enchilada was good, but really? My husband and I share meals because most restaurant portions are huge, and I can't eat that much! And he shouldn't eat that much! It makes me upset when restaurants charge because you are not a big eater!

• Visited July 2013
Bend, OR
“Mexican, Mazatlan style!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you like seafood, you'll love Baltazar's. Yes, it is a Mexican restaurant, but think first of seafood, then think Mexican. This is NOT a taco joint. This is an upscale, high quality Mexican Seafood restaurant with great ambiance and great service. One of our favorites!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank commodore007
Bend, Oregon
“upscale mexican with style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Very upscale mexican restaurant with a LOT of seafood entrees. I went with the halibut and steak fajitas, very good. My boy had the carne asada and it is HUGE.

Service was fantastic, Marc was our server, nice ambience, price was a little on the high side is my only complaint, most entrees are mid $20. They do give you a LOT of food though.. shrug.

• Visited April 2013