“NEEDS NEW MANAGEMENT!!!!”

Sugarloaf Mt. Motel
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My family and I have stayed here A couple of times, first time we stayed here was pleasant regarding room cleanliness, and breakfast.Although we did leave with a bad impression of the manager "ELI" due to very unprofessional ways he had of talking to his employees "maintenance guy to be exact" he had a young lady translate for him in the main lobby in front of guests in middle of the breakfast area,while he clearly kept raising his voice and talking down to the poor maintenance man who clearly looked frightened of loosing his job. We decided to brush it off and try it again, Big mistake! our room smelled horrible! carpet was filthy ,sink faucet was broken,and not to mention breakfast! yuck! waffle machine had burned waffles,trash can overflowing,kept running out of food and Vacuum much? we left very disappointed in this place,we brought up our experience to the nice young lady in front desk, told us that the maintenance guy had quit and apologized for our experience. We then asked to speak to the manager which was nowhere to be found or reached. I really think this place can improve with a manager onsite with SOME customer service experience! with a manger like this who would want to work there, bad thing is guest like us are the ones who suffer the consequences with poor service!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank christy y

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This place is such a great value. They even have a mountain lion in the lobby. We rode our bikes downtown but it's pretty close to everything. Quiet, clean and friendly. They have a nice breakfast and great service.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 1, 2013

$79/night for 3 people in a 2 Q room which included breakfast = a good deal. The beds were comfortable. The fridge and microwave worked well. It even had a flat screen tv. We got good service from the staff at the front desk, and our room was cleaned well each day. We dropped in for 1 night, and stayed 5 nights. The outdoor pool was fine, yet not well used as the weather turned cool while we were there.
This motel is located near the highway and yet we were not bothered by any road noise. It is near the north side of Bend. We found the location convenient. It was a short drive to downtown Bend, to Smith Rock (the most amazing rock climbing we've ever done), to Sisters, and to the volcanic park south of town.
When we go back to Bend (and we will, we loved this funky town and all the great outdoor things to do), we'll stay at Sugarloaf Mt. Motel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I purchased a one night stay, paid in full 5 days in advance. When I arrived they told me there would be a $10.00 charge to my account. First off they charged me again the full price of the room, when I went to the front desk and explained that I was charged a full price the young man (Todd) was very apologetic but said there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak with a manager and again he said no, after forcing the issue he called the manager (ELI), who first off hung up on me, and when Todd called him back the manager (ELI) refused to speak to me. I was appalled at the treatment I received. I have never been treated with such disrespect and dismissal in my life and I am 52 years old.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Phoenyx61
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The location is very good, right off the main road and surrounded by lots of stores and restaurants, gasstation right infront of motel and ne across the street. We had a groundfloor room in the back of the motel, decent size room, table with 2 chairs, fridge and microwave.Their breakfast is awesome, great variety, from cold cereal to biscuits and gravy. Overall, we would definitely go here again if we happen to be in the Bend area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The lobby was nice because it was hot out and they kindly put out a pitcher of ice water and cups to those checking in.The clerk was nice and gave us a room with same number as our house number,so easy to remember.Maybe a coincidence but it worked for me. The room was a very good price,nice and clean. I really liked the outdoor pool. It was very clean and I liked the key lock you needed to get in to keep you safe.check in check out was easy and they gave us good directions for the restaurant we were going to. There's a gas station/ mini mart right next door.I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This motel might look nice on the outside, but the rooms need some attention. They need new carpet and also some fresh paint and a good spring cleaning. The beds were comfortable and appeared clean, but smelled of Ben-gay or another type muscle ointment that must of been on the mattress pad. Staff was always preoccupied and upon checkout when I was going to inform them of the smell, they were on the phone and so I just got my receipt and left. The wi-fi was slower than my 3G; so forget using your smartphone or computer there. Much better choices in Bend, try another place,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family