“Great motel for the price.”

Sugarloaf Mt. Motel
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Melbourne Victoria
“Great motel for the price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

We booked this motel in Bend as part of a long road-trip through the Northwest - just for one night. We usually book the chain motels, but this one was a very pleasant alternative. The room was very good value, the breakfast area was one of the best we found in the whole trip, and the young woman on Reception could not have been more helpful and friendly. There was a freely available computer in the very comfortable lobby, for those who did not have their own laptop.

Yes - you need to drive for 5-10 minutes to get downtown, but that is true of just about all the moderate and budget accommodation places in Bend, and most other towns and cities right throughout the region.

Room Tip: We usually ask for ground floor rooms - so we can park right outside.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cargill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband booked this room as a getaway for us. I was a bit leary mainly because of the great deal he got through Expedia. My concern was needless. The room had everything we needed: fridge, micro, hairdryer, nice towels, and TV. Clean and comfy bed, too. Breakfast was a nice. Waffles, boiled eggs and sausage gravy along with the usual muffins, cereal, etc. Like a previous review, our Magellan didn't find it either. Maybe print a mapquest for backup.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WestFox
Glen Allen, VA.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

The facility itself was pretty nice. Nice, big room. Clean, with comfortable beds and a very nice looking pool, although we didn't use it. It just needs to be managed a little better. The receptionist was very so-so in her demeanor. The coffee pot in the room didn't have a filter. The internet did not work at all, and the satellite TV was very spotty. But the price was right.....like $59, so it feels a little hard to complain. But they mentioned they had lowered prices lately because business had been slow....maybe if they fixed some of these things business would pick up???

Room Tip: We asked for a room in the back because I had heard the front rooms are noisy from the road. The bac...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beth H
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

First a warning: This motel is not were our Garmin thought it was so we had a bit of difficulty finding it. A brief phone call to the hotel got us there quickly. They knew exactly where we were so it must be a recurring problem.

The room was clean and comfortable. The wi-fi worked well. We didn't experience any noise problems. Check-in was quick and easy. Breakfast was basic but ok.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hedorick
PA,USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

Room was adequate, but since we were next to the handicap room we had to park our car on the other side of the lot. Breakfast is included in an area sometimes too small for the number of guests and can be too busy, which wastes time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HaveANiceStay
Dallas, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

had compared alot of motels online and had decided on a different hotel when at the last minute i found this one... i am soo glad that i did!! it was very nice, very clean and very much a great deal!! i booked on hotels.com but would have gotten a good deal either way... this hotel looks just as good as the picture... and has a clean pool!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank balysenk
Napa, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed at the Sugarloaf Mt. Motel after a long drive from Northern CA. The room was basic but for one night was perfect. I was looking for a place that was not crazy expensive and had a microwave and refrigerator. However, if you want these, you must ask in advance which I did. The bed was okay and I slept comfortably. The room was a decent size and I never felt cramped. I did not use the pool nor did I have the breakfast so I really cannot comment on that. However, the breakfast area which was right next to the lobby was very nice with lots of seating and it actually had a nice atmosphere. The parking was ample. I was on the first floor in front of the hotel. I had quite a bit of bags to bring in and parking right in front of my room was very convenient. I did not have a problem with any street noise at all.
You are right downtown and near many restaurants and shopping areas. There is a gas station right across from the motel which was convenient for getting an early start.
If you are looking for an "experience" where you are pampered, this is not be the place to go. If you are looking for a place to sleep in a nice central location, this is a great place. I would stay there again. Overall, It was as good as any of the chain hotels.
I would like to comment on the gal that checked me in. She was friendly and helpful with all of my questions. I asked her if she knew any places nearby where I could take sunset photos and she recommended Pilot Butte State Park which was literally about 6 miles away. It was a great choice since I got there right at sunset. I would recommend going there anytime just to see the views.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo