Sugarloaf Mt. Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Holiday Motel(Bend)(Great Value!)
$59
DoubleTree by Hilton Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
$170
$147
Hilton Garden Inn Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
$149
$119
$209
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
$111
Travelocity
$107
$95
Holiday Inn Express Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
$102
$215
$201
$209
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanwaffle ironbiscuits and gravymotel offersqueen size bedboiled eggssolar eclipseplace to sleeppleasant staywould definitely stay here againcerealmt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We chose this hotel by its price and by the positive reviews it got in a competing website. BIG mistake. It reminded me of the women's quarter in an army base: bare cement flooring, basic beds and bedding, nothing that conveys warmth or hospitality. The front desk lady was either very hostile or very challenged intellectually, as she was having trouble (or pretending to have trouble) dealing with questions and information in basic English.
Our room was located practically in the back yard of a gas station. We kept the window shut, fearing the vapors would be a health hazard to our young children. Plus, we all woke up severely bitten by insects. I don't know if these were bedbugs or mosquitoes, and frankly I don't really care. All I know is that I would never ever stay in that place again!

Room Tip: Don't Stay There!!!
3  Thank Pashtida
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My family and I experienced a beautiful 2000 mile road trip this year. About 1/2 way home we stopped in Bend Oregon to rest and found the Sugarloaf Mt. Motel online. Not knowing where it was or what to expect we were very pleased. It is very easy to find off the highway and was more than I thought it would be. The employees were very courteous and helpful. The motel itself was very clean and centered where you can find anything you need. They serve a wonderful continental breakfast to get you back on the road and many restaurants close by if you need more of a meal. I actually left my cell phone at a restaurant there (dumb) and they were very helpful when I arrived home to get it back to me. The people of Bend Oregon are absolutely beautiful.

Room Tip: Very clean and comfortable.
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed one night will on a road trip, so we were just looking for a basic room. We found the price and value to be excellent, the room clean and comfortable. Just perfect for what we were looking for. Staff was friendly and helpful as well!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed here two days, as we had some friends in town that we were visiting. Upon arriving at 3:30, I was told our room wasn't available yet, as check-in is at 4:00 (my Orbitz reservation had stated that check-in time is 3:00, so I'm not sure who to blame for that oversight). Although I was a bit put off by that fact (as we had to get ready for a wedding that evening), I was even more annoyed that check-in took almost 15 minutes. The girl who helped me was either a new employee or just plain lost - I'm not sure which. The room itself was clean, comfortable and quiet, so I really have no complaints there. Breakfast was decent, although several items kept running out while we were there. Also, they don't quite have a large enough area for all the diners given the size of the hotel, so it was really crowded. One man was kind enough to give up his table so our family could sit there, and he went and sat on a step! I only saw the breakfast attendant sporadically, and she had to walk all the way from the front desk to the dining area carrying one thing at a time - they could definitely benefit from some re-working of their setup. The swimming pool was ok, although it was REALLY full, as apparently the maintenance man had forgotten to shut off the water while he was re-filling the pool. I was definitely ready to check out, so imagine my dismay when the checkout process was just as pitiful as the check-in process! Again, the same girl helped me (I think she was actually supposed to be cleaning, give her apparel, but they asked her to help with check-out since the line was growing). I was asked if I was checking out early, since their records showed me as checking out the next day. Then she realized the day's date and retracted that. After that, she had to ask me what rate I was quoted, as apparently she was unsure - really?!? The cumbersome process again (like checking in) took nearly 15 minutes. Overall, not an awful stay but I wouldn't return because it doesn't seem well-managed, and the price was a bit too high given the service. The staff is undertrained/unprofessional and probably over-extended (given the multi-tasking that I observed while there).

Room Tip: Get an inside room - away from the main street
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We had a team from work of 3 stay here for a week in the beginning of June. The motel met our expectations. Staff at front desk and cleaning crew were all nice. Breakfast was good and on par with other national chains. Rooms were clean. WIFI worked excellent and it was a necessity for our team to communicate via the internet. Walked by the pool. Weather was too cold to use, but pool area was very clean. Only thing missing to make this motel on par with many national chains is an exercise room. Some rooms had fridges and microwave while others did not. So ask if you want them.

Room Tip: Elevators are availbale but the walk to your room can be long. So ask for a first floor room, but realize the rooms opne to the parking lo.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business