“Outdated but adequate”

Ranked #35 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Missoula, Montana
“Outdated but adequate”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here during a quick cruise around oregon. I felt that this place was a great inexpensive choice although some travelers may not think that this motel measures up to some of the newer style mega-hotels out there. If you are not picky about there being updated style bedding or a flat screen in your room this is a good choice for you. It is very close to a grocery store as well as gas station.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
College Place, Washington
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Rainbow Motel, in Bend, Or. is a good inexpensive choice for anyone going through Bend.

Room Tip: Away from ice machine & entrances
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Larry L
Roseburg, Oregon, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I was not feeling very good about it when i saw it becuase I am so used to staying at expensive hotels! My old high school boyfriend and I met and he had purchased a room here so I dealt with it! I did not like that they did not have fitted sheets on the bed! I never use a bedspread at a hotel so it was a cold night! The floor was not very clean so I kept all my bags zipped up and on a luggage rack. They had no free shampoo, hardly any towels too! The bathrooms window the screen had a BIG hole in it so hard to leave the window open! I do have to say the bathroom was very clean! Thank God! Not sure I would ever stay there again though!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
NW US
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We were passing through Bend (on a very busy weekend) and everything was booked up. I found this motel through Tripadvisor and was not quite sure what we were going to get, because there was no outside/exterior photo of the motel and not many reviews. However, this was a very clean, nicely maintained motel which was perfect for what we were looking for. We were in the 2nd floor in the back section. The motel seems to be family-owned and everyone was very kind and pleasant. We were just passing through Bend, and were not looking for amenities like a pool or gym. We would stay here again when passing through and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank summerinplaya
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at this motel close to Downtown Bend. Pulling up, you'd think its a super low end run down motel, but they do have a newer 2-story building at the Bank which are much more updated and nice. They let us check out the room before committing which was good. We got a king bed room in the back building which was similar in size and furniture to something you would get at Super 8 or Motel 6 and the price was right at $40 a night! (Note Super8 and Motel 6 which were nearby were charging $25-$30 more a night). It was clean and beds pretty comfortable. Would recommend this place for the price - just ask to stay in the back building.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed two nights. We were given a room in the rear building so I don't know what the older rooms in the front are like. It was just the price range we needed and we would go back. I had a little trouble understanding the desk clerk when trying to make a reservation by phone. But no big deal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Least expensive place to stay that is close to downtown Bend and Deschutes Brewery Pub!

Comfortable bed and room, great for this price point.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple