“Class act”

Ranked #2 of 469 Restaurants in Bend
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My last night in Bend this trip so splurged and it was so worth it. I've wanted to eat here since the last time I was in Bend several years ago. Now I know my gut feeling was spot on. Had an old fashioned cocktail with the artisinal cheese plate-tonight's selection Humboldt Fog (longtime fav) and a hard cheese that I can't remember the name of-sorry-but a mild cheddary one served w/figgy jam(my Brit friend Barry would approve) and toasted points. Followed w/ entree of truffle chicken pot pie-perfect, hot, flaky crust, and a glass of KIng Estate Pinot Gris. Next a fantastic bread pudding w/a white Russian (thanks Dude) which was a dessert in itself. Service near perfect, my wine maybe 2 minutes late but I am a pace freak so in the greater scene, all right. One thing I really appreciated was the music, it was in the background but you could still hear it, not overwhelming, but sublte and tasteful;best I've enjoyed with dinner. Kudos to whomever chose this. A very wonderful meal experience; I'll return next year when we vacation here. Please support this restaurant, they earn your business and reward you with excellence. Bend is such a foodie town and support their small business owners=great! Everyone wins.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We have been to Zydeco's many times - and can always count on having excellent service and wonderful food. My husband is particular about his salmon and we have sat at many restaurants waiting for his fish to be re-cooked when it came not prepared to the doneness he requested. Never at Zydeco - the kitchen always gets it perfect.
The atmosphere is alive and fun - much like the downtown area of Bend.
This is a restaurant we take company too - consistantly good food and service.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've had many of the dishes at this restaurant, and I've yet to be disappointed. The signature fish dish is delicious, but if you want my opinion, the baby back ribs are the best thing on the menu. It's not the least expensive kitchen in town, but it's worth the extra cost.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My wife and I had mixed feelings about our first visit to Zydeco. We had reservations but decided to eat at the bar. Nice setting. The menu had many appealing dishes. We tried 3 apps. The beets were simple but excellent. Duck shoestring fries were very good. The mushroom toast was very hearty, with lots of mashed potatoes. Would skip next time.

The service was not overly friendly but not cold either. The problem was that the bartender got our order wrong... they brought out both dishes that my wife had asked about and not the one that I ordered. They left the blackened redfish that my wife ordered and got to work on my jambalaya. The bartender came over and apologized for her error.

However, we waited over ten minutes for my dish to come out. My wife was almost completely done with her dinner when my plate arrived. We understand that mistakes happen but this was enough to mess up an otherwise good service. Given the screw up, we would have expected the restaurant to make some kind of gesture to apologize for their mistake. Perhaps offer to offer a complimentary dessert or take off one of the appetizers... something to make up for the oversight... Nothing. In fact, we weren't even offered a dessert menu before the bill arrived.

I'm sure we'll go back at some point. The food was good enough to give it another shot. However, we won't rush back due to the service lapses and the lack of hospitality.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Nice atmosphere, a bit noisy, but overall enjoyable. If you're expecting real Cajun food here, don't bother, it's pretty bland. Good wine selection and cold weather comfort food.