“consistently good”

Zydeco Kitchen & Cocktails
Ranked #2 of 446 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bend
“consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We have been to Zydeco's many times - and can always count on having excellent service and wonderful food. My husband is particular about his salmon and we have sat at many restaurants waiting for his fish to be re-cooked when it came not prepared to the doneness he requested. Never at Zydeco - the kitchen always gets it perfect.
The atmosphere is alive and fun - much like the downtown area of Bend.
This is a restaurant we take company too - consistantly good food and service.

Bend, Oregon
“Never Dissapointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've had many of the dishes at this restaurant, and I've yet to be disappointed. The signature fish dish is delicious, but if you want my opinion, the baby back ribs are the best thing on the menu. It's not the least expensive kitchen in town, but it's worth the extra cost.

• Visited January 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Bittersweet Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

My wife and I had mixed feelings about our first visit to Zydeco. We had reservations but decided to eat at the bar. Nice setting. The menu had many appealing dishes. We tried 3 apps. The beets were simple but excellent. Duck shoestring fries were very good. The mushroom toast was very hearty, with lots of mashed potatoes. Would skip next time.

The service was not overly friendly but not cold either. The problem was that the bartender got our order wrong... they brought out both dishes that my wife had asked about and not the one that I ordered. They left the blackened redfish that my wife ordered and got to work on my jambalaya. The bartender came over and apologized for her error.

However, we waited over ten minutes for my dish to come out. My wife was almost completely done with her dinner when my plate arrived. We understand that mistakes happen but this was enough to mess up an otherwise good service. Given the screw up, we would have expected the restaurant to make some kind of gesture to apologize for their mistake. Perhaps offer to offer a complimentary dessert or take off one of the appetizers... something to make up for the oversight... Nothing. In fact, we weren't even offered a dessert menu before the bill arrived.

I'm sure we'll go back at some point. The food was good enough to give it another shot. However, we won't rush back due to the service lapses and the lack of hospitality.

Ashland, Oregon
“Good comfort food, but definitely not strong on the zydeco...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Nice atmosphere, a bit noisy, but overall enjoyable. If you're expecting real Cajun food here, don't bother, it's pretty bland. Good wine selection and cold weather comfort food.

US
“EHHH - wouldn't go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were in Bend on business, This spot came recommended to us. First, when you walk in it looks very trendy, but the hostess was not very warm nor friendly. We had made a reservation and there were only 3 of us on a weeknight. Were we bothering her? Anyway - we got the menu, ordered the local beer libations and when the waiter <finally> came back - we asked if there were any specials ... that was a bust....again, we were a nuisance? - so we ordered a flatbread appetizer to share , just average. our main courses were average. Would I go back there? Not at those prices, with that service. Must be a place for the regulars/locals.

• Visited October 2013