“Pretty nice”
Review of Dunes Motel

Dunes Motel
Ranked #41 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was very comfy but we were located on the back side ground floor and we did have a lot of road noise... room was nicely decorated and bed was comfortable. Price was excellent and they did offer free wi-fi.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is an older place and right on 3rd street so if you get an end unit it can be noisy. But the room was very clean, the bed had bright sheets and comforter on it and it was super comfy. Made me want to just stay there with a good book and enjoy the soft sheets and good mattress. The air conditioner wasn't the greatest. Took quite a while to get the room cooled down. But for a king size room it was only $88 a night. The housekeeper does a great job and she was so sweet.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

On our way to California we stopped at 2:30 am to see what they charged. The man at the front desk gave us a great rate of $69 for a 3 double bed room that was normally $107. It had a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, mini lotions and mini shampoos. We had two teenage girlswith us and for a few hrs of sleep the room was good.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We drove into Bend without a reservation, that was our fault, them charging us $149 for a nights stay is theft. The free wi-fi is password protected and when I asked for the password the attendant didn't know it, however, he was kind enough to tell me I should be asleep soon anyway.

Stay somewhere, anywhere else if you can avoid it.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This may be an older unassuming motel, but I have to tell you, if your looking for a nice reasonably priced motel, you can't go wrong. Perfect location near everything in Bend. The staff was great, but the surprise was the room, clean, well maintained, big screen TV, nice dressing area, and super comfortable mattresses and pillows. It is great to see an older local motel so well taken care of. If your coming to Bend, don't count this place out.

Room Tip: On check-in, the staff will let you see your room first, you can't go wrong with that!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'll admit, when I first saw that Priceline chose this hotel for me, I was a little apprehensive because it was an older place. But once I got into town, my fears were quelled. Not only was this a great location (central, to me atleast, to just about everything in Bend), but the owner, his staff and the rooms were extremely welcoming.

Speaking of the rooms, they were spotless. The beds are a bit firm, but there is plenty of seating in each room. Microwaves, Mini Fridges and coffee makers too. Plenty of towels, a shower that has crazy water pressure (nothing like a trickle when you need a fire hose after hiking a bit), and a flat screen tv for those that aren't up to challenging the outdoors (but you're in Bend, so you already know the TV won't be used).

Highly recommend the place! Quiet too. Pet friendly. Great place to spend some time!! Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kenny A
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I got in kinda late aka 9 pm with no resorvation and they were very kind and acomidating. He showed me around a room and it was spotless. With some cheaper hotels u expect a low quality but this one was great. Big flat screen In our room. Just great. I would suggest this to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013