“Tired. Needs an overhaul and update.”
Review of Crossings At The Riverhouse - CLOSED

Crossings At The Riverhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: CURRENTS at the Riverhouse features a totally re-imagined restaurant, patio and lounge with innovative beverages and a fresh Pacific Northwest menu with local ingredients.
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This restaurant has an amazing location, right on the river. The potential for amazing experiences on the patio is startling. But, the restaurant's ambiance, food and drink menu is outdated and tired.

We just had lunch there again recently, and to be fair, the service is always decent. The menu is just boring and expensive for what you get. Our party of 3 ordered fish tacos, a flatbread and a cobb salad, without beverages, for $38. The salad was very good, the flatbread was good, and the tacos were average. I think my biggest disappointment is that this menu feels the same as it did 2 years ago. And, NO ONE knows what a great patio they have! They don't encourage you to sit on the patio, or ask you to come back to visit the patio. It feels like a no-brainer. And the wine menu is very tired. Time to update! Average. With potential for being great.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Lots of nice tables outside by the river. Helpful staff and a nice place to either have a drink or a full dinner. The food was very good - great steaks, and the fish was good too.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had a wonderful dinner on the porch overlooking the river. Got a tad cool, but what a view. Dinner started with very good cocktails followed by a good salad. I had a steak while my wife had catch of the day. Both were done very well and well presented. Our server was attentive, but not overly so. A great evening.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have eaten here quite a few times over the years, the first time I ordered Filet Mignon I asked for Bearnaise sauce and received it, other times I have ordered the Lobster.....I have not since that first time ordering the filet had the Bearnaise sauce, I get excuse after excuse, the last excuse was beyond believable, the waiter before I even got the request out of my mouth said the chef did not have any Tarrgon!!! I would say that the Chef does not want to be bothered or that this Chef does not know how to make Bearnaise....we do not eat here anymore.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Recently enjoyed a delicious meal and a couple of tall beers here and it was great. You can't beat the view, and the new menu has some tasty options. Impressive draft list, as you'd expect in Bend. Highly recommend.

1  Thank NoahWa