“Overpriced Mediocre Steak”
Review of Crossings At The Riverhouse - CLOSED

Crossings At The Riverhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: CURRENTS at the Riverhouse features a totally re-imagined restaurant, patio and lounge with innovative beverages and a fresh Pacific Northwest menu with local ingredients.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My Wife and I had dinner at this restaurant for the the first time on New Years Eve. We were not impressed with the food. If your going to $46.00 for a rib eye steak it should be excellent. Mine was far from it. It very fatty and some parts were grisly. The Caesar was the typical romaine and dressing nothing noteworthy. I will not waste my money here again.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My folks and I had dinner here when they came to visit. I grew up on a Black Angus Ranch and am very snobby about good beef. The steak was amazing and I mean with a capital A. Even the side dishes were awesome and perfectly cooked. The view was wonderful and our waiter was really sweet and very attentive. Service was prompt and the price was reasonable. Would recommend this place to anyone for a special meal and a fun time.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We recently stayed at Riverplace in Bend, Or. We decided to eat at the Crossings Restaurant. The food was very good, not really overpriced. My only real complaint is our waiter, who was rather condescending in attitude. I wanted a split of white wine and the menu had several offered, however, it only gave the name of the wine, not what type. First he stated "you realize a split is a small bottle of wine", which I am well aware of and didn't need to be told. I asked about one of the wines as to whether it was dry or sweet and was told "well, of course it is sweet". Not a real good response - there was no way I would know that by the menu info. All of the other people in the dining room were very friendly and competent. Just didn't like the way the waiter talked "down" to us.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Went with five other ladies for lunch. Restaurant not busy yet we waited for 10 min to get orders taken and probably 20 min for food. One lady had to send hers back as it was cold. Got to the restaurant at noon and didn't get out until 3:30

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We ate here a few year ago and really enjoyed the food and riverside dining. So we went out of our way to return when we went thru Bend this time. Food was just OK. But the service was terrible. Our waitress didn't want to be there and showed it. She certainly took all of the fun out of our lunch. But eating by the river is still quite pleasant. Don't think I will go back though.