“Great place, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of DRAKE

DRAKE
Reserve with OpenTable
DRAKE is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 446 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin
Description: DRAKE is an authentic neighborhood joint serving up creative and inspired comfort food in downtown Bend, OR. DRAKE's Chef Ryley is reinventing American classics with a modern, fresh flair. Specialties include daily fresh fish and risotto specials, mussels and fries, poutine and an array of burgers, salads, small plates and sides. DRAKE serves lunch and dinner seven days a week. Take in the view from over-sized windows on the iconic corner of NW Wall Street and NW Franklin Avenue in downtown Bend. On warm days enjoy prime outdoor seating on the bustling sidewalk. Inside, you'll enjoy a diner inspired ambiance with a beautiful hand crafted bar, an open kitchen with front row counter seating and comfortable booths. We are passionate about hospitality and we insist on delivering sincerity to every guest, every time. We want you to have a great experience at DRAKE from beginning to end, that’s our mission and that’s why we love this business. We gladly accept online or phone reservations and walk in diners. Please do not hesitate to call us to discuss your reservation needs.
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Drake for dinner, and loved it! The fish and chips were amazing! The service was good, and the restaurant had a nice atmosphere. Great place to eat in downtown Bend.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JRWalker

• Hebrew first
Monterey
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We have eaten at Drake several times and definitely recommend this restaurant. It is a small restaurant with an open kitchen and a bar on one side, and spacious booths with windows along the other side. Along the kitchen is a dining bar where you can watch the chef cook. The atmosphere is lively, fun and can be noisy when the restaurant is busy. There is outdoor seating in the summer on the sidewalk outside the restaurant. The service has always been excellent - attentive and friendly. Our food has always been delivered quickly to the table and always hot.

The wine list is good and the bartender makes great looking cocktails (I haven’t tried them), but the main reason to go there is the food. We ate there tonight and I had the soup of the day - cold cucumber soup - which was excellent. We split a salad with bib lettuce, blueberries, and strawberries that was recommend by the waitress - also excellent - it was delivered on two plates which we appreciated. We both ordered fish - he had halibut with sweet corn and mushrooms, which was great. I had the ahi tuna with braised fennel and beets and a very interesting addition - carmel olives. The dish had a beautiful presentation and tasted as good as it looked. I thought the ahi was cooked perfectly, seared on the outside and pink on the inside - (if you want it cooked more, you might want to let the waiter know)

On other occasions I have had the meatloaf, steamed mussels, hamburger, risotto - all good. The menu also has fried dishes which seem very popular (we sat where we could watch the chef) - fried chicken, fish and chips; but I haven’t tried these yet.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Earl44
Bend, Oregon
“A Wonderful Find and Keeper”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We are exploring the restaurants in our new home, Bend! Drake is a great find and keeper. The servers were so helpful and friendly - great recommends! My husband had a fabulous meal - Mortadella (sp?) appetizer and the pork shoulder meat loaf! I had a perfect meal for me - Ceasar Salad with white anchovies, soup of the day - Italian tomatoe bread soup - and a fantastic strawberry rubarb crisp. We'll definately return soon!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank NanEdKirkland
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Friendly and cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Our first trip to Bend, eating at the Drake was a great experience, delicious food for good value, very friendly staff. We made a reservation as it was a special locals dinner night. Owner came by our table and made us feel welcome and appreciated our business. Recommend highly.
LJ

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lori G
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Fun menu, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

It was my first time in Bend for years and I stopped with my mom and mother in law for some exploring. We wandered around for a bit and found DRAKE. It wasn't crowded, the restaurant has a classy, upscale diner feel, and were helped immediately by friendly staff. I have strange allergies and they were more than happy to change items on the menu for me. The appetizer is popcorn in a cute bag with seasonings. I had the risotto with a lemon basil sauce, roasted carrots, and peas. So delicious, great portions, and perfectly cooked. The french fries were amazing and came with great aoli sauce. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone in town.