“Excellent Pizza at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pappy's Pizzeria

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Oregon
“Excellent Pizza at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Pappy's is hands down the best pizza in Central Oregon. They offer quality ingredients at a very fair price, especially when compared to other local pizza restaurants in Bend. Deliveries are always on time, and made extremely simple over the internet. Best deal: Mini pizza (that is nowhere near mini) and two breadsticks for under $8. Their mini pizza is as large or larger than most chains' small pizzas. Great deal for lunch or dinner option when home alone.

• Visited September 2012

Oregon
“Great for Family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Large, clean restaurant. Big dining area with TV's - got to watch football while we were there. Another medium sized area was great for keeping an eye on the kids as they played in the arcade room or the huge play structure in yet another room. Large overall facility ... with plenty to do for the entire family ... or just the adults. Pizza was good as well.

• Visited September 2012
Ramstein Air Base
“Simply Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I can't believe I've never been here before. My wife and 1 & 3 year old sons went here on 13March2012 and we were blown away by the friendly staff, great pizza and fun playroom. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and friendliness of the entire restaurant. Their pizza was delicious and they had a military discount, which is unusual in Bend!

The playroom attendant (didn't catch her name, but said her uncle ran the Redmond Pappy's) was fantastic. She was all smiles with my kids and was very professional and seemed to be actively cleaning and tidying up the whole time.

I will be back next time I'm in Bend and I'm looking forward to it!

• Visited March 2012
or
“Large delivery range, average prices, pizza sometimes above average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

The first couple times I had their pizza was about five years ago and I didn't like it much. However lately I've been ordering from them again because they are the only pizza place that delivers to my neighborhood anymore. I have a couple of observations:

The deep dish is not great. That was what I ordered when I first tried Pappy's, and when I got it again recently I realized why I hadn't gone back in years. The thick crust is somehow both doughy and dry at the same time, and never seems to get cooked right or enough. It was the same five years ago as it now. Some garlic butter brushed on the top during cooking might help things but who knows?

However I have now started ordering their regular crust pizza and its significantly better. It does get those little black spots so you know its cooked right, and its maybe an inch thick at the crust so it holds 3 or 4 toppings well unlike some other places. The crust just turns out better this way, much more fluffy and crunchy how you want it.

The delivery is almost always faster and the driver uses the right driveway always which the other pizza company that used to deliver here, could never figure out. They use standardized delivery vehicles that are well marked and professional, a huge improvement over the "other guys." You can order/pay online, very handy for an independent pizza chain (apparently just Bend, Redmond, and Eugene).

They have a few other options like wings, fries and breadsticks, but just mostly pizza. I really wish they would have a bigger menu (their restaurant building is HUGE) and I wish they could get that thick crust right.

Honestly they probably would just be an average rating on taste/service/price, but because they deliver MILES farther than their competitors, and their kiddie play area, both of which are well-known features among us locals, they earn a bonus.

• Visited December 2011