“Great!! I'm go since I'm a kid .. I still like it.”

El Caporal Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #141 of 451 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
“Great!! I'm go since I'm a kid .. I still like it.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

in my opinion is great.. .. I go to this restaurant since I was a kid w ith my parents and now I go with my family and the food of El Caporal east is the Original in Bend .. Restaurants in the area is a copy of the same menu. for me is excellent. original and fresh food.in my opinion is super ..

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Calushka

Bend, Oregon
“Good food. A Favorite of ours”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

There are actually lots of choices in Bend for Mexican food and we enjoy eating at El Burrito. We especially like that they have Mirror Pond MicroBrew on tap. Try the fajitas, enchiladas, the super Burrito or the Polo Crema. Prices are very reasonable. The service can be slow, so relax and enjoy time with friends. They are often crowded but always seem to have tables available.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Chowa-Rides-Again
Bend, Oregon
“Prompt”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Prompt, friendly service with large menu.
Very good Mexican food. Very nice Mexican decor,
with handcarved woodwork.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank dpibutte37
Boise, Idaho
“Good clean restaurant with good food”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling through Bend and staying at a near by hotel. We walked over to restaurant and was happily greeted by hostess. Restaurant was clean and busy. Food was very good and they had about 10 different types of margaritas. I would recommend if your in the mood for Mexican food.

2 Thank thejewlz
Bellevue, Washington
“Slightly better than your typical NW Mexican”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Most Mexican food in the Northwest seems to be cut from the same cloth unless you go to the small, hip, family-run places that are off the beaten path. Almost any chain would taste the same in a blind test.

P.S. this is for the Sunriver location at the Sunriver village. That location did not show up in search.

El Caporal fits within that sentiment, however, I will award some extra credit for having spicy salsa at the table which is always a plus in my book. I typically get chile verde when trying a new place since it's my favorite dish and a barometer for the quality of food for my taste. Most NW places make it with only tomatillos and little to no green chiles. This is disappointing to say the least, so I'm left with asking the kitchen to make it spicy for me. The reaction has ranged from "put hot sauce on it" to adding raw chopped Jalapenos (which was horrible) to adding hot chiles to the verde sauce. El Caporal did the latter, which made for a very good chile verde burrito.

Everyone at the table seemed equally pleased with their food. Even my wife, the vegetarian, found an enchilada like her grandma made (with a fried egg on top) and was very happy.

• Visited June 2012