“Surprisingly Excellent”

Kayo's Dinner House & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Kayo's Dinner House & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 469 Restaurants in Bend
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A relaxed, upscale setting for your family's next special night out. Cozy up to the fireplace & sample French & American cuisine served up with modern flare. Seafood, steak, an affordable wine list...our lounge offers the best happy hour four nights a week 4 p.m. - 7p.m. Don't forget our homemade dessert menu, too. We serve the best crème brulee in Bend!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

After a long day on the road we wanted to eat somewhere close to our hotel in Bend so that we could walk. The front office recommended Kayo's and we had noticed it on our way into town. The outside of the restaurant is kind of dated and it made us wonder but thought we'd enjoy the walk anyway. Wow - what a pleasant surprise!!! The staff was super friendly and the food was outstanding!!! What a great place to eat. Would recommend it to anyone!

1  Thank MandM6638

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Kayos has long been a favorite of mine when viisiting family in Bend. I was in last week and they have a new chef that is awesome! Great, fresh, innovative dishes. Kept some of the old favorites too....my Mom loves the prime rib! Give this young, new chef a try....you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Popped in on a whim, my uncle used to live here I was in town. OK...
1- Old menu totally gone
2- Good news - they still make THE Bloody Mary with the huge shrimp in it
3- Everything sampled was completely fresh and on spot (not sure about the Kobe part...? ) However it is very hard to present a perfect broccolini that is tender, crunchy, and well-seasoned they did it perfect. Salad used all fresh local ingredients no faking that.
4- My server was new and she was awesome, even with the jerk in the next booth all drunk and loudly causing a scene she never lost her cool or forgot the service and the ingredients in the dishes I asked about
5- I think they revamped the staff...
6- The bar? A bit changed but still has the pleather cushioned rail & video gaming. Tables are nicer but the chairs are awful.
7- Dining room, tables down very very nice. Clean carpet. Still a bit dim perhaps replace the globes on lamps with something clearer/ brighter the ceiling dims the package.

OVERALL, the food is worth it and every bit competitive. Kudos to the chef and new wait staff.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

After a bad experience we walked to this place. A little dark, had to use the flashlight on my phone to see the menu. Very good food once we got it as the staff was a little short. Had to ask for the salad etc but that was ok. Had the prime rib which was pricey but pretty good

Reviewed June 25, 2013

If we had not been overcharged (double billed) I would give this restaurant 3 stars for the food which was only so-so. However, we were overcharged for three dinners. The manager assured us that we would not get billed for the 1st (incorrect) Visa charge. Not only did I get charged twice, but they even added a tip to the 1st charge that I did not authorize! We will not be back.