“cold food no help from managment”

Hong Kong Restaurant
Ranked #358 of 458 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
bend or
“cold food no help from managment”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Ordered the four thing for 10,50 got fried shrimp with only 2 of the 4 had shrimp in them.Egg foo young was cold and the size of a golf ball.Fried rice was like it was 2 days old and cold. chow mien was not to bad but had very very little chicken in it. When i called them and talked to the manager she was snotty and didn't even try to help me, Patty said she went and talked to the kitchen help and i was wrong. I will never go there again.We have been going there of about 20 years and this is the 3rd and last time i will ever get bad food from there. It has been in the last year and a half food has gone way down hill. Don't need to through my money away.

• Visited September 2012

Bend, Oregon
“Average”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Average Chinese food. Nothing special. Place could stand a good cleaning......

Visited January 2012
Wine Country, north of San Francisco
“Disapointing; did not live up to previous http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewEdit-g51766-d417333-a_placetytwo reviews!”
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Being a new resident to central Oregon, I put together a list of restaurants Trip Advisor to check out. The decor is mediocre at best as was the service. They were attentive but they just seemed like Zombies dragging themselves around with great effort. The table was not properly cleaned as was some of the surfaces of the condiment dispensers,We did not let this influence our opinion. Living near Chinatown Oakland and frequenting San Francisco Chinatown, Ive had some of the best (Cantonese) food on the planet. My wife and I settled on the Family Dinner #B for two. She had egg flour soup while I chose the hot and sour. Wow, my soup was top notch. Spicy hot but so good you did not care. I'll come back for a large to go order the next time I come down with a cold. Next came the appetizer try with 2 veggie egg rolls, 2 crab filled pot stickers and 2 thick slices of BBQ pork along with some dipping sauces. It was average...not bad but not exceptional either. Next came the main entree: a combo medley of carrot celery and other sliced veggies mixed with some beef, some shrimp and mostly chicken. the shrimp and chicken was just okay, while the beef had an off taste like bad liver that made us remove it from our mouths. The veggies were the best part. The second dish was a glazed chicken sliced. It was bland until I added some salt. It now turned out to be one of the tastier dishes. The third dish was the BBQ pork fried rice. So bland and mediocre, I've made better fried rice at home. He took the leftover glazed chicken home, but not the mostly untouched rice. The menu indicated Cantonese and Sichuan, I would call it Americanized, like chow mein..

Overall the proportions were generous and the and the dinner cost just $22.00. I recommend you pay more and eat better somewhere else.

Sussex, England
“Excellent value, delicious meal”
Reviewed September 4, 2009

It was late so I chose a restaurant based on how nice the street sign looked and found a gem. Very smart, clean interior. Helpful staff and very good quality meal, I chose a "Combo option" of four items for $12 and each was a very generous amount. I have a big appetite yet could not quite finish. The price included a choice of soup and pot of tea too. Good location too on the main strip in Bend.

1 Thank Misty2k
VeggieFoodie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese in Town”
Reviewed March 8, 2009

Very fresh Chinese. All the different items you could want, plus if you cannot make up your mind there is often a buffet. You feel like you went to a Chinese friends house when you eat here. The staff is that nice.