“You pay for that Million Dollar view of Mirror Pond”

Pine Tavern Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pine Tavern Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 458 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oregon Avenue
Bend, Oregon
“You pay for that Million Dollar view of Mirror Pond”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Food and service were just average and felt the prices are high for what you get. It has a long local history and I guess everyone should experience it at least once.

Visited July 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Perfect All Around Atomosphere, Food, Service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Attended a group function at the Pine Tavern, party of 15. This was also Prom Night for 4 high schools in Bend. With all of these large parties, the service was awesome, the food fantastic and the meal was served with any issues at all. Some of the best Prime Rib ever also the sides and dessert was fabulous, I could not have asked for a better meal.
Restaurant is on the river, with large windows overlooking the river. Inside the a tasteful pine tavern setting... just perfect.

• Visited May 2013
Sandy, Oregon
“Wonderful for romance...AND family!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I took our two young grandchildren to this wonderful restaurant, which had been highly recommended by the host of our B & B. And deservedly so! Food, atmosphere, and service were outstanding. We were there during Bend's Winter Festival, and the servers took time to ask the children what they had seen and what they enjoyed most. Then they listened to the replies!

My husband loved their meatloaf, and I really enjoyed the Paparadelle Pasta. They serve an outstanding scone with honey for the bread portion of the meal. The kids were delighted with their meal, and I was pleased to see that all the sides (for the children) were healthy choices.

We were seated in the Garden Room, which has two giant Ponderosa pines growing up through the roof. We all were enchanted with the cozy ambiance of the restaurant. I could easily imagine coming for an anniversary dinner or some other special occasion - sans kids.

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful Romantic Dinner”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We called ahead & made reservations although it probably wasn't needed. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived and we seated at the window overlooking the Deschutes River. Dinner was fabulous. Don't miss the warm scones!! I had salad with steak and my husband had the most amazing prime rib he'd ever eaten. Margaritas were delicious and the evening was lovely. Thank you Pine Tavern~

Visited April 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Not what it once was”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We've lived in Bend for 29 years, and the Pine Tavern was our "go-to" restaurant - that place we all have for celebrating special occasions, entertaining clients, and taking friends and family from out of town. Killer views, great food, and stellar service. But it had been declining, and we hadn't been there in over a year. Tried it again last night. Same killer views - the other two, not so much.

Salads are no longer included in the price of an entree. Not unusual, so not that big a deal. We each ordered a spinach salad ($7), tasty, but a lot of dressing and the grilled croutons were soggy. The signature sourdough scones are still good, but are smaller, and were greasy and somehow lacked the flavor of the old ones. I had their famous meatloaf ($17), still very good, good gravy and veggies, but completely flavorless mashed potatoes. My wife had fillet ($32), good cut of meat, but her veggies were different and lacked any kind of seasoning, as did her potatoes.

This was a birthday celebration, which they knew about. In days past, that always came with a piece of their great mud pie and a candle, a treat that helped make the evening feel a bit more special. No longer - another thing that's changed. Instead, we were half-heartedly offered a dessert menu.

Service was good at the beginning, then we never saw our server or the busboy again until the end of the meal. When the server brought our bill, she hovered over the table until we paid it, which I thought was really strange.

I still love the atmosphere of this place, and the gorgeous views of the river. But their food is average at best, and the service was below average. What a shame for a Bend icon. Don't know if we'll ever be back.

• Visited April 2013