“great food”

Pine Tavern Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pine Tavern Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 456 Restaurants in Bend
Cross street: Oregon Avenue
Bend, Oregon
“great food”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

i had the lamb chops which was a special and it was so tender and juicy husband has prime rib done to his request and rare. service was outstanding and got lots attention when neeed

Visited January 2013

Emmett, Idaho
“Majestic on Mirror Pond”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Pine Tavern is a Bend "legend." The food is great, especially in the "Garden Room," which has a Pine tree smack in the middle of the room. Wonderful views of Mirror Pond (Deschutes River) and outdoor seating when the weather permits. Oh... the food is excellent, well-prepared with a wonderful presentation. You HAVE to try the Pine Tavern when in Bend. Prices are moderate to pricey, depending on what you want. Great for kids and families, as well as business get-togethers. Reservations are recommended in the evening.

Visited March 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Highly recommended, but”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

we were a little disappointed. We ate in the lounge - there was a wait for the dining room and not very many patrons! Not a problem we like the less formal atmosphere of the lounge. It was nice having all the local beers on one menu! The food was average. The wait stafff was friendly, but the service was slow! We were wondering if someone didn't show up for work.
It was fun being in the oldest restaurant in Bend. Not sure though if we would visit again on our next trip.

compass_77_USA
“Great place but a little overpriced”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Reservations preferred, nice atmosphere, a little overpriced, great steak but veggies undercooked, of two drinks - one good and the other okay. I wouldn't mark this as a #1 location but certainly a top 10.

When it was good, it was really good such as their honey butter bread but they were out of a lot of items including A-1 steak sauce. Also, the water glass was not refilled & if you are paying $75 for a dinner for two, you expect to have the water refilled.

You should definitely give it a try though if you haven't been there.

Tigard, Oregon
“Good, but not great!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

On this surprise trip to Bend for my birthday I knew I wanted a splurge and that was going to be a ribeye steak. I got online, read many reviews and even though The Pine Tavern was not as highly reviewed as others with ribeye steaks I decided to make a reservation. I made it Friday night for Saturday and was surprised I got my first time choice as this was a big weekend with the Winterfest Weekend. We waited 20 minutes to be seated so we sat in the bar. Service was great! We moved into the restaurant and ordered. I asked our server to take our picture and he said he would in a few minutes. It did not happen. I ordered a ribeye and my husband the petite prime rib. I got my dinner and it looked odd. The steak was a random shape of different thicknesses. As I cut into it, I noticed right off the bat that it was not Medium rare. I made a comment that this was the worst looking ribeye I had ever had and our server who was behind me heard. He offered to make it better by cooking another one. I do not like to eat my dinner at a different time than my husband so I declined. The manager came over and offered to make it better too. I was offered free dessert. They were very attentive. The rest of my meal was great. The salad, rolls, and baked potato were just fine. My husbands prime rib was halfway full of fat. His plate looked great when they brought it but when he was done eating it looked awful. The amount of glistening fat in a pile was the size of half the prime rib. One review mentioned that Pine Tavern was old school. I would now have to agree. It will no longer be my favorite special dinner place to go to in Bend.

• Visited February 2013