“Still the little gem”
Review of Bend Brewing Co

Bend Brewing Co
Ranked #20 of 456 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Bend, Oregon
“Still the little gem”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This has always had that "little brother" feel to the more famous place 2 blocks away, but for years (over a decade now) been a true locals hangout. Located on a back street near Mirror Pond (what there is left of Mirror Pond) there is always a friendly face, very very good beer and great unpretentious fare. Lots of wood and a warm bar area make it easy to settle in on a cold Saturday.

Visited January 2014

San Francisco, California, United States
“What a great selection of beers”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We've stopped in here in the past but took time to enjoy a sampler of their beers and a plate of wonderful sweet potato fries...perfect Sunday afternoon outing in Bend. the food is good...the service is good...the people are friendly...the beer is oh so good, too.

Visited January 2014
Silver City, New Mexico
“Beer, fish n' chips, service, view, what more do you need?”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

OK the patio in nice weather is likely the more you might need & I can only imagine it adds another pleasant element to this establishment worthy of your patronage. I ate here on a cold December day and with my delicious fish I enjoyed what I thought at the time was perhaps (Steak N' Shake maybe excepted) the best fries of my life so I asked the server if the kitchen double fried them (David Lebowitz ) and she said they did a light beer batter and concurred that they were indeed dangerously yummy. Oh yeah, they brew beer too and my stout was fantastic. Is there a better beer town than Bend? Doubt it. Service was professional, warm, engaging, helpful-what more can I say-just great!

• Visited December 2013
Bend
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Has gone down hill the last 4 years”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We are original customers since opening and the last few years the food has gone from excellent too poor. We have always enjoyed the service and were regulars for fish and chips. After last night we were so disappointed we are not going back. Sorry to see this happening to a fun place that used to be excellent. Beer is so..so food mediocre at best.

Visited November 2013
San Francisco, California
“Absolutely best food. Sophisticated and delicious.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Beet salad was best I ever ate (and I live in San Francisco). Others had steelhead sandwich and reported it fabulous as well. Sweet potato fries!!!

Visited October 2013