“Good food and drink!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Deschutes Brewery

Deschutes Brewery
Ranked #7 of 444 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: On February 1st 2012, nearly 25 years after our Bond Street Public House opened as the original home of Deschutes Brewery, we tapped the keg on a new era. Our newly expanded Pub offers more space, more seats, more service and one long-awaited less: wait times. As always, our talented team of chefs use only the finest ingredients, with an emphasis on fresh and handcrafted products. Everything possible, including sausage, breads and mustard is made on premise. Even your burger will come from local beef partially raised on feed recycled from our brewing process. And Bond Street remains your ringside seat on limited batch and experimental brews as well as year-round classic brews.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Good food and drink!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were seated quickly on what looked like a busy Thursday night at this family-friendly brewery (lots of babies in strollers). The beer was good, so was the shrimp & polenta special. Wait staff was attentive, even as the crowds become larger.

Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Excellent beer and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We only came in for the beer (and we can certainly recommend that!), but the food coming out of the kitchen looked very good.
We highly recommend the Sage Fight and Fresh Squeezed if you like big, hoppy IPAs

California
“It's not just the beer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was excited to go the the Deschutes Brewery because they make my favorite beer - Black Butte Porter. My husband and I went there two nights in a row and we tried a different beer each night. I expected great beer but I did not expect such good food. Evidently, they make most to everything they serve in house. The rosemary bread rolls were superb. I was very impressed with the salad dressing on the garden salad. The reuben sandwich was the best I ever had. It was very large and I was able to pack up half of it for the next day's hike. I also tried the chocolate cake dessert. Yummy!

Bend, Oregon
“Lazy Sunday afternoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was working at our church downtown and my husband was at the gym. He texted me to meet at Deschutes Brewery because he was in the mood for French Onion Soup. I still had a bit more work to do so I told him I'd meet him there. He texted that he'd meet me in the bar. When I arrived it was eerily quiet, which I liked. As a local, Deschutes can be noisy and packed with tourists in the summer. Now that we're in to fall, it's more locals. We sat at a high table in the bar area so we could watch some football while eating. We each had a bowl of French Onion Soup and they make a great one served with a warm roll and butter. Hubby had a couple fresh hop beers and I had a diet pop.

We feel that their menu has gone too upscale for us. We love the bar area, the specials they have and the soup is our favorite. It was a nice way to spend a little time in the afternoon.

New Hampshire
“Its the Beer!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

It is all about the beer and the second floor balcony where we watched the sunset on a beautiful September evening. TRY, try, try the beer sampler and order the special beers only made at the brewpub. Their standard beers are very good though the special beers are amazing. Food choices are limited but our dinners were well cooked and tasty. Claim local ingredients are used. Pricing is standard. I love this place and their brewpub in Portland.