“Just tried the beer”

Ranked #13 of 476 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: On February 1st 2012, nearly 25 years after our Bond Street Public House opened as the original home of Deschutes Brewery, we tapped the keg on a new era. Our newly expanded Pub offers more space, more seats, more service and one long-awaited less: wait times. As always, our talented team of chefs use only the finest ingredients, with an emphasis on fresh and handcrafted products. Everything possible, including sausage, breads and mustard is made on premise. Even your burger will come from local beef partially raised on feed recycled from our brewing process. And Bond Street remains your ringside seat on limited batch and experimental brews as well as year-round classic brews.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just had dinner at another Brew Pub so didn't eat but the menu looked decent, The beer of course is top notch, I had the Inversion IPA and also tried the Mirror Pond Pale Ale

Write a ReviewReviews (1,381)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

First of all, you have to understand that Bend is a beer town. There are more than a dozen breweries in Bend. With that said, this restaurant is a beer drinker-food lover's no brainer! What a fun experience. Good food, great beer and a fun atmosphere. One caveat is that it is VERY loud. I had no problem with that, but just as a warning, expect it. It's noisy! As for food, they offer standard fair - burgers, chicken dishes, pulled pork, pizza, etc. etc. And it's good. Not great, not poor - good. The beers are outstanding! As with all 'beer joints' in Bend, the menu gives you the "stats" on every beer - bitters, ACV, etc. I tried the 'Twilight Summer Ale' and I loved it. All in all, my experience was very positive and I would go back here in a second.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We decided to go to Deschutes' downtown pub because, well, we were in Bend and it was Deschutes. Being the big, commercial brewery in town, I was a bit skeptical that the place would work for me.

We got there when they opened on a Wednesday morning and were seated on the upstairs balcony. The entire place is warm and welcoming, with lots of wood and beer-relevant metalwork details. The balcony was nicely shaded and gave a great view of the happenings down on the street.

Our server, Chris, was friendly and helpful and knowledgeable. We ordered a beer sampler and were both a bit disappointed. Granted, we're from the land of Sierra Nevada and are used to really clean, super hopped-up beers. But my first beer tasted a bit 'soapy' - my honey described it as 'antiseptic'. We did find two beers we liked - me, some local offering a red, fresh hopped beer (I think, but I can't remember the name), my honey enjoyed the Inversion IPA. I felt that all of the beers were a bit soapy, which makes me question if the glasses were rinsed properly. Hmmmm.

We paired our beer with two appetizers - the pork tacos (fabulous!) and the wings - half buffalo, half spicy Thai, and topped our meal with salads. Everything was really good- a step up from other pub grub we've had elsewhere.

Our overall experience was a positive one - in the beer world, you've got to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince/princess of a beer. While I didn't find my true beer-mate at Deschutes, it was fun trying.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The food was pretty solid, had the ribs but they were a little dry. They did have a Gluten Free beer on tap which was one of the better GF beers I've had. Definitely would recommend giving it a try.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Doing the ale trail and mad this the first brewery to visit. Lots of beer options. All were very good crisp clean and hoppy. Had the jalapeño cheese dip. The best ever (and I know my cheese dips). Checked out the gifts and had a perfect biking jersey at a great price. Don't miss this place. Was the first and still great.