“Best beer in Beer Town”

Ranked #6 of 466 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: On February 1st 2012, nearly 25 years after our Bond Street Public House opened as the original home of Deschutes Brewery, we tapped the keg on a new era. Our newly expanded Pub offers more space, more seats, more service and one long-awaited less: wait times. As always, our talented team of chefs use only the finest ingredients, with an emphasis on fresh and handcrafted products. Everything possible, including sausage, breads and mustard is made on premise. Even your burger will come from local beef partially raised on feed recycled from our brewing process. And Bond Street remains your ringside seat on limited batch and experimental brews as well as year-round classic brews.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Red Chair NW IPA and new Fresh Squeezed IPA are amazing and unique. Great ambiance, service, food, etc. It is a must visit when you come to Bend, OR.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stopped in for a pre-dinner beverage and appetizer! Let me tell you... you MUST get the Brewery Pretzel - It's house-made and served with creamy Tillamook white cheddar cheese dip and Black Butte Porter stone ground mustard. yum-E.

I had Shifties Pilsner and hubby had the Inversion IPA. Both also yum-E!

We already had plans to go somewhere else for dinner, but in hindsight, I wish we had just stayed-put by the crackling fire, with the smell of barley and hops surrounding us.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

As one of the most popular craft breweries in the USA, Deschutes brewery and brew pub did not disappoint. I took a tour of the brewery itself with a group and had a fun time, although we enjoyed tasting the beers the most! Then headed to the brewpub downtown to enjoy their food. I had the elk burger with sweet potato fries: very good. Boyfriend had the fish a chips: fish was good, chips were too much like French fries for me. I like a thick chip, but to each his own...overall a good experience. Very good for groups heading to or returning from mount bachelor.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went to Deschutes Brewery for a business lunch. We were immediately and pleasantly greeted when we walked in the door and were immediately shown to a table. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. I had the french dip with sweet potato fries and my business partner had a salad and a sandwich. The sweet potato fries were great, but the french dip and au jus were pretty bland. The meat in the sandwich was sparse, flavorless and barely stuck out from under the bread and the au jus tasted like it was made from a bullion cube instead of made from the meat juices. My business partner said that his turkey sandwich was also pretty bland in taste. Neither of us had beer so we cannot comment on that, but as far as a lunch goes, neither of us were overly impressed with the quality or quantity of the food.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Deschutes brewery is one of the largest regional craft breweries in the country, specializing in highly hopped English style pale ales. Their most popular and well known offering is the Black Butte Porter, my favorite.

They offer daily brewery tours, starting out in the spacious tasting room, where guests can sample up to four different daily selections. The tour takes about an hour, and is extremely informative. The presentation covers the brew equipment, brewing process, ingredients (hops, malted barley, yeast, water, aromatics), and the bottling and packing plant. All of the equipment is shiny and well maintained, and the entire bottling process is managed by only 5 workers, churning out something like 25,000 cases per year.

This is a really fun way to spend an hour, and learn about the mysteries of beer making.