“Not necessarily "single" friendly”

The Blacksmith Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blacksmith Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 446 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Harriman St
“Not necessarily "single" friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

As a single girl, I frequently sit at a bar somewhere and have a glass of wine and a salad. This has never happened to me before, but the bartender brought the dessert menu and then noted that they were designed for "couples" and really too big for me...pointing out the obvious, that I was single. It was less than welcoming, to say the least. I paid my check and left. Note to bartender: I go there to be charmed and entertained since I am alone. Make an effort and you would have got a 30% tip. And don't point out that you feel I am a freak of nature because I chose to eat alone. Next time, I'll go back to the Oxford where they welcome me.

• Visited August 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Online reviews render a big hi five!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Came in with another couple that traveled from Seattle to stay in SunRiver Wed
and Thur evening last week. Wanted to check out happy hour and we did, arriving
just a bit past 5. Driving in Bend and parking near the venue was a breeze, refreshing!
We were promptly greeted with great smiles and a nice intro to the establishment.
Advised of the aforementioned happy hour we were lead to the lounge. The entire
environment in the Blacksmith fairly exudes the period use of copious amounts of
lava rock and rimrock-combine with nicely done darker wood and windows to the
East and it leaves the impression of understated opulence.
Very much recommend-impressive service, attitude and food that makes a
statement reflecting the quality of service and staff.

Cordially,

DDH

• Visited August 2013
Elkton, Oregon
“Great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Walked in without reservations, tired and dusty after a long, hot day at a horse show. What a find! The staff was attentive, and my wife fell in love with their peach lemon drop. My beer was great, and the appetizer was fantastic--we had the tuna poke, and the ahi just melted in your mouth! Quite delectable. I had the Cajun beef medallions--very nicely done, and not overcooked. My wife had the surf and Turf, which was also great. While we entered hungry, we couldn't even look at the desert menu at that time! The ambience was great, the staff was solicitous but not overly so, and the food was fantastic!

• Visited July 2013
Portland
“A haven in a shutdown town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Bend, Oregon is a fun town with lots to do ... but not so much after 9pm. The bar and restaurant scene quiets way down after 2100 hours. That's one of the things that makes The Blacksmith so good. Delicious food, a fine selection of beers on tap, friendly and attentive service and a nice atmosphere, all wrapped up inside a historic building in downtown. And it stays open, with some great happy hour deals, past that 9pm witching hour. I enjoyed the mac-and-cheese sampler (three varieties all tasty and artery-clogging) and the shrimp po' boys. The berry tart is yummy, too.

• Visited July 2013
“Go early to have the place to yourself”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

A local sent us here for a good steak- We had the ribeye - it was one of the best we have ever had and we have eaten some good ones including the ones we cook ourselves as we are from beef country. Service was fantastic, the choice of wine was very good the atmosphere is contemporary with servers dressed in all black- age group any- great menu but we were there for a good steak and they delivered

Visited June 2013