“Most bland Mexican food”
Review of Hola! Downtown

Hola! Downtown
Ranked #118 of 471 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: Mexican, Peruvian
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this restaurant, the service was good and a good atmosphere. But my halibut tacos were fair and bland. There red and green salsa are both mediocre at best... Will never return

1  Thank SillyD

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were at the Old Mill location of this restaurant which has five locations now in the Bend area. So it's a chain. So what? We had taco salad with chicken, carne azada, and aji de gallina. Everything was excellent. Margaritas with the leftovers served in a large mixer so nobody complained about a small drink. List of very fancy tequilas of you wanted to experiment but the house version was just fine. A good mix of Peruvian and Mexican food venturing off the usual fare. Nice seafood offerings. Really good service, very clean and a nicely appointed decor. Back soon I hope.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great mixed drinks. The mixed drinks are a little on the spendier side, but you usually get enough for two drinks since they bring out the shaker. And their green salsa/dip is addicting.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Maybe it was a slow night because I have seen it full but the place kinda felt blah while we were there. The Sunriver and Eastside locations are always hopping so they just feel fun. The food however is the same as is the endearing attitude most of the staff has. Those are both good things because their kitchens put out the best south of the boarder food in the area and the servers are pretty interesting. We've tried all the Peruvian influenced items on the menu and would suggest doing the same mostly because they are so uncommon. Oddly, because I don't drink soda, my favorite is the pork made with Coke. Pretty good 'ritas and a major league selection of tequila.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Until my birthday, I had never been to Hola! Downtown. It was second choice after my first choice was closed for some odd reason.

We had a simply wonderful meal with a delightful server! Our server was young, polite, attentive and made awesome guacamole! Our meals were delicious, not standard Mexican beans and rice, but a gourmet step up.

We had been to another of the Hola's! in town, near the theater after a movie. I did have to admit this was a bit better being able to watch the people downtown as it snowed.

We will go back again. Everything from the margaritas to the entree was all made with a touch of excellence. It turned out to be the best choice, even though it was our second choice.