“Well kept hotel and nice staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Bend
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Bend
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manteo, North Carolina
“Well kept hotel and nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

A nice place is what you expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. I was in Bend for work so the view or the room really didn't matter to me. The room was large with two Queen Beds. The closet was very big for a hotel, and the bathroom was nice and spacious. The view I had was of the parking lot, but as I said before...not much time was spent hanging out in my room. The hotel was very clean. The staff at the restuarant was awesome and nice. They really seemed to get the hospitality part. Although, I didn't require anything from the staff at the front desk. I'm a simple girl so as long as the room and bathroom are clean then I am set. The lobby was nice with the fireplaces going. The indoor Pool and Hot Tub were also a plus. Great stay with nice comfortable beds!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn a number of times in various locations. This one in Bend, OR is as I expected it to be--which isn't a bad thing. Having been on a road trip in unfamiliar territory, a "familiar face" can be a bit of a respite.

We chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews, the price, and it's location, in the Old Mill district of Bend. It's up on a hill looking down over the shops with the mountains and river in the distance. We used the Tripadvisor app to check for room availability and the maps feature to find the property. We did not book ahead of time and were walk-in guests.

Tens minutes prior to walking into the property, I had checked the Hilton site and third party sites for rooms, seeing at least one available for around $150 or so. This was our price point considering we were arriving after dark and staying for just one night. However, when we walked in, we were told none of those rooms were available, and only something in the $350+ range was left. I checked the site again on my phone, as well as several third party sites, and they all still showed the cheaper room available. We were told this was a glitch in their system. Miraculously, as I started checking my phone for other hotel options in the area, the desk discovered a cancellation and sold us that cheaper room. I was tempted to just book the cheaper room via my phone as we were waiting to see what the guy at the desk could "find."

The room was a Two Queen River View. Everything was as expected for a Hilton: comfortable beds & linens, quiet, standard furniture and decor, good temperature control, Keurig coffee set up. Wifi is free, but Hilton Honors members can log in their info and get higher-speed wifi. The shower was great, lots of really hot water.

We did not dine-in, but I did think the $10.95 price for breakfast seemed reasonable. One big plus about this hotel's location is that there are a bunch of restaurants to choose from all within either walking distance or a short drive.

Overall: Yes, I would stay here again. But, I would be sure to book online ahead of time.

Tigard, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

When we checked into our 2nd floor view rm., we found several trees obscured our view of the river and mountains. When we explained this to the desk staff, they moved us to a 3rd floor view rm. for no additional charge. We were pleased with the quality of service and the food at breakfast (We did not eat any other meals there).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

orlando, florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I will agree with the other reviewers that this is a nice hotel and great location. However, if you are top-tier Hilton Honors members, you will not be afforded the courtesy of perks that I have found in similar HGI properties around the U.S.. First and foremost the breakfast option has been condensed from a buffet - open selections - to a menu of "and pick one or nothing". True, the breads and limited fruit, and juices were available as a buffet. I even asked for a few slices of extra bacon and was told of the need to charge me an additional $3. Second, my request for a waterview room with a balcony was not provided - instead I was provided a second floor room with a view of some adjacent office buildings. When I requested to be moved, I was told that was all that was available. I

Room Tip: Don't bother to expect special treatment, even if you are diamond HHonors.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rggsquared
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I LOVE this location and have returned more than once. The hotel is beautiful and has very helpful staff, and the location is to DIE for on the river with close access to shopping and dining and entertainment!

Redding, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bend, Oregon. The lobby looked like a ski lodge complete with a woodsy décor and beautiful floor to ceiling stone fireplace - beautiful and cozy! Our room was on the third floor and had a balcony that allowed us to enjoy the great views of the Deschutes River, Old Mill shops, and gorgeous mountains to the west (Bachelor and Three Sisters). Our rooms was spacious, clean and comfy. Every aspect of the Inn utilized the "lodge" theme with use of earthy colors and wood. Breakfast is available but not if you have a discounted AAA room-rate. The staff was very friendly and helped to make our stay even more relaxed and enjoyable. When we return to Bend we plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: Highly recommend rooms on the third floor with balconies. We stayed in 338 and our family members s...
Green Features: I don't place importance on whether they are environmentally-friendly or not.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LStarcevich
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a very pleasant weekend in Bend as guests at the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is well laid out and nicely appointed, and the room was clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was consistently friendly and helpful Thanks to all, we look forward to seeing you again.