“Warm, Cozy, Welcoming”

Hilton Garden Inn Bend
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Bend
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have not been to a Holiday Inn for a long time. This is an updated, clean, warm and welcoming environment adjacent to a cute shopping area with great restaurants. I was not looking forward to another hotel chain stay for business travel but this was a pleasant surprise. If this is how the chain has updated all their sites I would consider seeking Holiday Inn out over Marriott. Room was big, comfortable, clean and business traveler friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This is the old Ameritel Inn that was purchased recently by Hilton. We were worried that our beloved Ameritel would be ruined, but we were pleasantly surprised.

We weren't surprised to find out upon checkin that the buffet breakfast was no longer complimentary, however, they gave us vouchers for free breakfast for the two days we stayed. This turned out to be a bonus as the hotel has turned the dining area into a restaurant. We enjoyed breakfast both days and it was very good. We also heard from others that dinner is also very good and prices are very modest as well.

The lobby is much the same and is very welcoming. I enjoyed reading in the morning next to the fire. They continue to have fresh baked cookies in the lobby in the evening.

They have new equipment the the fitness center which is one of the nicest we have experienced. Two elipticals, two treadmills, a bicycle, weight station, two benches with a rack of free weights. Two large screen HD TVs in the room and individual monitors at the treadmills and elipticals.

The pool and hot tub are also nicer than most.

We will continue to make this our first choice when visiting Bend.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank B_and_A_2006
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We spent two nights here, and had a great stay. The exterior and lobby have a mountain lodge feel that fits in perfectly with the atmosphere in the beautiful city of Bend. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Overall it's just a nice vibe here. There is a good indoor pool and well equipped fitness room. Our King Balcony room was quite luxurious, with a large TV and good lighting. It had a good view of the river below and the mountains to the west. Breakfast is in a large open area adjacent to the lobby, and was in line with Hilton Garden standards. We opted for the continental breakfast which gives you a lot of food for a lower price than the full breakfast. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, but most people elect to eat elsewhere. They also have a laundry room which comes in handy if you're on a long trip like ours.

The hotel overlooks the upscale Old Mill shopping center (one minute walk) where there are several decent restaurants. The best restaurants in Bend (e.g.---Zydeco) seem to be downtown which is a mile away. Parking downtown is plentiful, and it's worth the drive down there.

Room Tip: River view rooms are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

As a business traveler, HGI is one of my favorite brands. Since I generally travel alone, I really enjoy eating dinner at the bar in the restaurant. Saves me the time of driving around to find a restaurant. The staff at this HGI, especially in the restaurant, were great. I asked if I could get an entree prepared slightly differently and they were happy to accommodate me (in fact the chef came out to talk to me about it). The dinner was very good! One note, the restaurant currently serves only beer and wine.

This is a beautiful HGI and fairly large. I understand that it used to be another brand and it was recently converted to an HGI. The architecture and decor reminds me of a stately lodge. The rooms are very nice, with the HGI standard of microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker...all are nice to have. As a Hilton Gold member, they had a very generous gift bag waiting in my room with two bottles of water, microwave popcorn, trail mix, and M&Ms.

The only complaint I have is the noise. For whatever reason, I could hear a lot of noise from my room. I never experienced this at another HGI that I can remember. I would probably stay here again, but would probably request a room on the top floor and not facing the parking lot.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Has only been a Hilton Garden since summer 2012, but is a few years old. It must have been built with Hilton Garden in mind, as the atrium/lobby/restaurant looks pretty much like any other Hilton Garden. Great welcome at the front desk, restaurant is very good. 2 nights here in comfy Hilton beds, and a short walk down the hill in back to the old mill area that is now a 'lifestyle' (shopping) center with a movie theater. All in all, a real find.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Highly recommend. Comfy beds, quiet rooms. Fun location next to shopping and movie theater. I believe that breakfast is no longer free, but there is an option to purchase a full hot breakfast within the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank averagejane76
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were lucky enough to get a King room that faced the river and the perks just kept coming. The view was beautiful and the fireplace was a great surprised. Additional touches were the big screen tv above the fireplace, the high ceilings and the roomy 2 person shower with double heads. I was at first disappointed in the rate we were paying but it became abundantly clear why we were paying more than us usual. We were getting a lot more than the usual. This would be a fantastic place for a romantic get away and not just because the room lends itself to romance. If you enjoy walking and hand holding there are plenty of shops and places to dine within walking distance. It's probably beautiful at Christmas time because we could see the lights going up the 2nd week of November. You could bundle up and set out on the balcony on the furniture and look out over the shops to the river. You could do that with complementary coffee and cookies in hand :0). Never stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn before so I'm not sure the $149.00 rate was fair but we felt we got our moneys worth. One additional comment..... If you do not GPS this address and have a navigator you will not find it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business