“No dogs or cats allowed and totaly non-smoking - hurray”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Bend
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 11, 2011

My husband and I are retired. I am allergic to dogs and cats and it has become increasingly difficult to find a motel that is animal free. I also have environmental allergies so it is imperative that there be no mold, no cigarette smoke lingering in the mattress, carpet, curtains, etc, no fragrance in the laundry soap, no stinky fabric softener, no air freshener, and nothing smelly put in the carpet. This motel met almost all of my requirements. I loved the fact that they do NOT allow animals and will fine anyone who smokes in the building.

The bathroom was spotless and the shower curtain was the type that can be washed. Only problem was an extremely fragrant bar of soap in the bathroom. The smell permeated the entire room. My husband promptly got rid of it and we closed the bathroom door and let the fan run for a couple of hours while I ran the portable ozone machine that I travel with. Next morning the soap reappeared.

I have had problems with mold or dust in heaters and A/C units so we usually turn everything off when we first enter a room but it is winter so when the temperature got down to 50 degrees I allowed my husband to turn on the heater but when the fan started it sucked in some exhaust from the parking lot below, did I mention that I am allergic to exhaust fumes, but I successfully turned off the fan. Our room overlooked the parking lot and there is a gas station adjacent to it. The thermostat allowed me to control heat/cold and turn fan on/off.

When we first entered our room there was a lovely bottle of something green on the bed with a welcome note. It was a very thoughtful gesture but the product was heavily scented. The king size bed had a mixture of feather and synthetic filled pillows. Yep, I have feather and dust mite allergies so I took them all off and used a rolled up towel as a pillow. Forgot to bring my own.

The breakfast area was well lit and very clean. There were bagels, assorted pastries, bread to make toast, make-it-yourself waffle fixings, hot oatmeal, dry cereal, boiled eggs, fresh fruit, milk, juice, hot chocolate, regular tea and coffee. Artificial maple syrup for the waffles, small packets of real butter, margarine, strawberry and grape jam, honey, peanut butter and a soft cheese similar to cream cheese were attractively arranged. I also have food allergies and the majority of the breakfast selection included wheat, milk or eggs so there wasn't much I could eat but my husband loved the waffle maker. I ate fresh fruit. My only objection to the breakfast was the fact that they used cheap Styrofoam plates, bowls and cups that are known to release toxins. I should have brought my own paper plate and hot beverage cup. Husband found a free paper and read during our meal. After 35 years of marriage we are comfortable with silence. During the time we were eating, all but one person was our age - lots of seniors.

Our room had a microwave and refrigerator. Both were clean and there was no ice build up in the freezer. The bed was firm but not too hard. Only one blanket plus the bed spread so we got a little cold during the night but that was because I had the heat turned off.

This motel is close to medical facilities and I heard about it from a woman commuting for chemo treatments, which left her immune system fragile. She recommended it to me because of the no pet, no smoking policy. I suffer from sensitivities and allergies because of a compromised immune system.

The staff was kind and courteous. There were luggage carts available near the entrance but no help was offered when we checked in or out. It would have been nice if someone had asked because there was ice and some snow in the parking lot. Free wi-fi is available but we didn't need it. We did use the free PC/printer to look up directions and print them out. It is within walking distance of a mall and a cinema. It has a outdoor pool but it was closed for the winter.

This motel is showing a little wear but is still nice and most importantly, it is very clean. We will definitely be back and would not hesitate to recommend the Comfort Inn in Bend, Oregon to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank skydancerBend

Reviewed January 5, 2011

Great hotel, nice rooms and clean. Breakfast was good and warm. I only complaint was my son got married on News Years Eve and the next day we were leaving to drive 1900 miles back home. We got back to the hotel around 11:30 P.M. so we could get up early the next morning and get started back because the roads were icy and calling for more snow. At 2:00 in the morning we all were awaken by some (3) people yelling in the lobby downstairs. They were drunk and was thrown out of the local bar next door. The yelling kept up for about an hour and a half and the lady at the front desk didn't call the police or anything she just let them keep pushing each other and yelling. They weren't even a guest at the hotel. I said somthing to the front desk and she said sorry. Wow what a joke. I stay in many hotels a year and that was the worst front desk I have seen. Get rid of the drunks so your guest can sleep we had two rooms for 4 days and should have a quiet place to sleep.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Besides being one of the less expensive inns, it also was an excellent experience. The bed was wonderful (the desk clerk said they'd been replaced just a few months ago). The heat system was superior to most in this budget category, and was quiet. I also appreciated the bedside lamps, which provided reading light that did not disturb the sleeping partner. Very cozy.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2010

My sister and I were traveling throughout Oregon and visited Bend to see relatives there. This was the perfect location! Check-in was a breeze; the clerk was helpful with some directions we needed and provided a map.
The shopping area across the street is nice as well.
Stayed 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 18, 2010

We recently made a driving trip through Oregon and Washington, staying in six different, reasonably-priced inns. Since TripAdvisor had helped us make our choices, we wanted to provide our own feedback.
The check in was friendly and efficient, and they followed up 30 minutes later to make sure everything was OK. Our room was clean but it looked out on the back wall of a big box store. I think all rooms on this side of the Inn would look out on the wall. There was a desk in the room, but there was no way to access an outlet from the desk to power our laptop. There was an easy chair but it was so hard that you would not want to sit in it longer than to put your shoes on. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was nice. The breakfast choices were good; the breakfast room was clean and items were well stocked.
The location is on the east side of Bend, about a 15 minute drive to the downtown area.
A good value if you don’t want/need to be in the center of town.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I had previously stayed at another hotel in Bend and was very discouraged. When I made reservations to go back to Bend I was hesitant. Not anymore, I booked my stay at the Comfort Inn on 27th and was very ahppy. The young lady that helped me was quite pleasant and the room was very clean. The tub didn't drain well but other than that everything else was nice. I have since stayed there on my other trips and been just as happy with the rooms and cleanliness. The staff is always very helpful and the maid service staff is very on the ball.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2010

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights at the Comfort Inn & Suites Bend while visiting family in the area. It was clean, comfortable and had friendly staff. We got a 2nd story room facing the main street, but the hotel is set back from the road and we barely noticed the road noise. The king sized bed mattress was comfortable with plenty of bedding. Our only complaint was that the pillows were a bit flat and needed replacing. Bedding and decor were attractive and the room was well maintained. Even though a boy's swim team was staying there the first night we had no issues with noise or sleep interruption. The bathroom had all the necessary amenities, and the room had a small fridge, coffeemaker, and microwave. The breakfast in the morning was an expanded set up with waffle maker, hot oatmeal & toppings, hard boiled eggs, bagels, rolls, fruit, yogurt, cheese sticks, juices, etc. I was glad to see the protein choices.
All in all for the price per night ($65 with AARP rate) it was a great deal. We're returning in April and will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple