“Nice but needs a few improvements....”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Bend
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Nice but needs a few improvements....”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The front desk staff was very pleasant at both check in and out. The room itself was a bit dated, especially the desk and chair. TV was an old analog but number of channels was great. The desk chair was a hard wooden chair. They need decent ergonomic chairs in this day and age. No accessible electrical outlets around the desk. Bedding was very comfy and the room was very clean. All and all I'd go back but hope for a more business friendly room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
San Jose, California
Reviewed June 8, 2011

The room was clean and very satisfactory. The continental breakfast seemed to fall short of our experiences with other Comfort inns in that the offerings were less and overall quality suffered. Oatmeal was the only hot food. Coffee did not taste fresh. The front desk was friendly. Maybe it was just the timing of our visit. The hotel location is just a block away from Safeway, which was a plus.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed May 30, 2011

It was our first time at this hotel but the TripAdvisor reviews gave it high marks. The location was quiet and the rooms were comfortable and clean. The breakfast was varied with hard-boiled eggs, yogurt and oatmeal in addition to the usual carbs. We were in the midst of negotiations to sell our house in California, which required a number of incoming and outgoing faxes. All of the front desk staff were very professional and helpful, especially the young man working the night we checked in and Ms. Kaitlyn Lynch, Guest Service Manager. We travel a great deal and this property rated very high in our experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Astoria, Oregon
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I am a General Manager for a Comfort Inn & Suites in Tualatin, Oregon and would recommend this hotel. My wife and I stayed for 4 nights in Bend for a wedding and couldn't be happier with the accommodations. Even took some ideas back to implement at my hotel that I think were great.

The breakfast was small but that is improving with the new breakfast rolling out at the end of May. The staff was knowledgeable and most of whom I spoke with were enthusiastic and enjoyed their jobs.

Our suite was surprisingly larger with a stocked mini kitchen, which was awesome by the way, and perfect seating for friends we had over. The parking lot is shared with a Credit Union, Dutch Brothers and a Stop and Go mart. Perfect location.

Thanks to the staff and Management that made our stay great.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade. Never hurts.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed May 8, 2011

What impressed us most regarding this hotel was the emphasis by the staff to make it a personal experience. A warm welcome at the reception desk, a personal welcome note on the bed, and an interest in helping you with any queries one has, made this an exceptionally personal pleasure to stay.
Having a complimentary breakfast aslo lent to the starting of a good day.
Room was well appointed and spacious.
Perhaps its only negative is that it is located some distance from the city centre, but this is also well compensated for by having an extensive range of shops within easy walking distance of the hotel itself.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed January 11, 2011

My husband and I are retired. I am allergic to dogs and cats and it has become increasingly difficult to find a motel that is animal free. I also have environmental allergies so it is imperative that there be no mold, no cigarette smoke lingering in the mattress, carpet, curtains, etc, no fragrance in the laundry soap, no stinky fabric softener, no air freshener, and nothing smelly put in the carpet. This motel met almost all of my requirements. I loved the fact that they do NOT allow animals and will fine anyone who smokes in the building.

The bathroom was spotless and the shower curtain was the type that can be washed. Only problem was an extremely fragrant bar of soap in the bathroom. The smell permeated the entire room. My husband promptly got rid of it and we closed the bathroom door and let the fan run for a couple of hours while I ran the portable ozone machine that I travel with. Next morning the soap reappeared.

I have had problems with mold or dust in heaters and A/C units so we usually turn everything off when we first enter a room but it is winter so when the temperature got down to 50 degrees I allowed my husband to turn on the heater but when the fan started it sucked in some exhaust from the parking lot below, did I mention that I am allergic to exhaust fumes, but I successfully turned off the fan. Our room overlooked the parking lot and there is a gas station adjacent to it. The thermostat allowed me to control heat/cold and turn fan on/off.

When we first entered our room there was a lovely bottle of something green on the bed with a welcome note. It was a very thoughtful gesture but the product was heavily scented. The king size bed had a mixture of feather and synthetic filled pillows. Yep, I have feather and dust mite allergies so I took them all off and used a rolled up towel as a pillow. Forgot to bring my own.

The breakfast area was well lit and very clean. There were bagels, assorted pastries, bread to make toast, make-it-yourself waffle fixings, hot oatmeal, dry cereal, boiled eggs, fresh fruit, milk, juice, hot chocolate, regular tea and coffee. Artificial maple syrup for the waffles, small packets of real butter, margarine, strawberry and grape jam, honey, peanut butter and a soft cheese similar to cream cheese were attractively arranged. I also have food allergies and the majority of the breakfast selection included wheat, milk or eggs so there wasn't much I could eat but my husband loved the waffle maker. I ate fresh fruit. My only objection to the breakfast was the fact that they used cheap Styrofoam plates, bowls and cups that are known to release toxins. I should have brought my own paper plate and hot beverage cup. Husband found a free paper and read during our meal. After 35 years of marriage we are comfortable with silence. During the time we were eating, all but one person was our age - lots of seniors.

Our room had a microwave and refrigerator. Both were clean and there was no ice build up in the freezer. The bed was firm but not too hard. Only one blanket plus the bed spread so we got a little cold during the night but that was because I had the heat turned off.

This motel is close to medical facilities and I heard about it from a woman commuting for chemo treatments, which left her immune system fragile. She recommended it to me because of the no pet, no smoking policy. I suffer from sensitivities and allergies because of a compromised immune system.

The staff was kind and courteous. There were luggage carts available near the entrance but no help was offered when we checked in or out. It would have been nice if someone had asked because there was ice and some snow in the parking lot. Free wi-fi is available but we didn't need it. We did use the free PC/printer to look up directions and print them out. It is within walking distance of a mall and a cinema. It has a outdoor pool but it was closed for the winter.

This motel is showing a little wear but is still nice and most importantly, it is very clean. We will definitely be back and would not hesitate to recommend the Comfort Inn in Bend, Oregon to friends and family.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank skydancerBend
MO
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Great hotel, nice rooms and clean. Breakfast was good and warm. I only complaint was my son got married on News Years Eve and the next day we were leaving to drive 1900 miles back home. We got back to the hotel around 11:30 P.M. so we could get up early the next morning and get started back because the roads were icy and calling for more snow. At 2:00 in the morning we all were awaken by some (3) people yelling in the lobby downstairs. They were drunk and was thrown out of the local bar next door. The yelling kept up for about an hour and a half and the lady at the front desk didn't call the police or anything she just let them keep pushing each other and yelling. They weren't even a guest at the hotel. I said somthing to the front desk and she said sorry. Wow what a joke. I stay in many hotels a year and that was the worst front desk I have seen. Get rid of the drunks so your guest can sleep we had two rooms for 4 days and should have a quiet place to sleep.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family