“Close to Downtown”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Bend Downtown
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed in Bend for one night. The location is a short walk to downtown. We happen to visit on their Fall Festival which goes for two days and they close off some of their streets. They had music, food and stalls. We didn't plan it but were glad that we arrived when we did. We had an amazing time. There is also a park across the road for those that have young children like us. The room was clean and tidy. Checking in was easy and staff were friendly and helpful with dinner suggestions. Breakfast was very ordinary compared to other Marriott's we have stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very clean suite. The breakfast was pretty good, very clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and polite. I love the location, within walking distance of downtown. Bed was a little too soft for our liking, but it worked.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a fairly new Fairfield and looks just like the other fairly new Fairfields, bright and friendly. The location is just a few blocks from Bend's downtown, a nice walk for the young and healthy. The walk does have a pretty good incline, so other folks might want to drive downtown. Breakfast was good with healthy choices available. There was a refrigerator/freezer and a microwave in the room. Those appliances plus a Trader Joe's lest than 15 minutes away made for some inexpensive meals. The staff was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great stay for one night only. Wish it could have been longer! Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Good breakfast - typical of the current move to free breakfast but great options well presented - space a bit challenging. Rooms quiet and well appointed. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for two nights a couple weeks ago. In my profile I had written I didn't want to be near the elevators, which the clerk noted while I checked in. That was a first, usually the clerks don't say much about what preferences I have in my Marriott Silver acct. Anyway, he put us next to the stairwell so I was worried we'd hear the door slamming all night, but no. In fact it was convenient because we were just upstairs from our car in the lot. The sheets were super soft as Marriott's usually are, and there were plenty of pillows. I just wish we had a king-sized bed as requested, but my fault for not asking, I forgot.
The breakfast was nice, plenty of food, unfortunately the kitchen staff was extremely loud with banging the dishes around. Also, noone was paying attention to the ESPN that was on TV, it would have been nice to have some global news. I would have asked for a chance if we weren't in a hurry.
Overall, it was quite vanilla, nothing negative nor positive to note. It was as I expect Marriott's to be, clean, quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: The location was nice too, I'd ask for a room on the opposite side of the road, but I'm not...
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place was a pleasant surprise! The bright colors throuout the hotel are fun and happy! As a frequent hotel goer, I was so pleased to find the bed one of closest I've found to the comfort of my own bed. Excellent stay!

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay near the end by the outside stairway...seems loud.
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. The room was comfortable, clean, and fresh, with plenty of space. Great water pressure in the shower and a nice choice of items for breakfast, They offer both Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches to microwave as well as freshly scrambled eggs and sausages, yogurts, fruit cups,cereal and fresh fruit.
The location was great-- we were able to walk downtown to sample a few breweries, and didn't want to drive. Service was friendly, both at check-in and when we were leaving.