“Great Spot in Downtown Bend”

McMenamins Old St. Francis School
Ranked #21 of 453 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Spot in Downtown Bend”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

On recent trip to Bend, Oregon I saw McMenamins Old St. Francis School and decided to try it for lunch. An old school has been turned into a rustic brewpub. The place has a lot of character and the staff was very hellpful. I had one of their house beers which was very good and tried the Reuben sandwich for lunch whichw as very good. Overall a very cool spot in downtown Bend and when the weather gets warmer they have an outdoor patio.

• Visited March 2013

“Loved it”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great food,try the Ruby beer,hit of raspberry,liked it so much went back a second night!! They have a movie theater on site,you can even order dinner and watch a movie FUN!!

Visited March 2013
“Awesome”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

As always, McMenamans never fails to delight. It's the little things that make it special, the funky decor, the fresh food (onsite bakery, brewery,). They roast their own coffee, distill their own spirits, and brew great beer right under the restaurant. The service was top notch. I had a hard time deciding between the shark with citrus salsa and the pulled-pork sandwich with smoked gouda and jalapenos. So good, we went back for breakfast. Same great service(breakfast til noon on Sunday). The hash is amazing and my biscuit was the size of a dinner plate.

Mosier, Oregon
“Great spot”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great food, great beer, great location, this place has it all! Historical location that really captures a lot of the old Bend.

Visited February 2013
Orlando
“Just another pretty face...”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This week I am tagging along with my husband on his work trip to Bend, Oregon. This means I will be eating a LOT. =) I promised myself I would only do research for dinner places, but wanted to "find" lunch places on my own and stumble upon pre-dinner drink opportunities.

One of the researched places... and somewhere I was REALLY looking forward to going to was McMenamins Old St. Francis School.

It has such an interesting layout, atmosphere and aura, but it fell flat for us. I ordered the spicy prawn pasta and my husband had cedar planked salmon. My dish was tasty, but my garlic bread was burned and I'm pretty darn sure they were shrimp (not prawns). My husband's salmon was murdered on that plank. Seriously. They WAY over-cooked it.

Our server was pleasant, but we had the feeling he was in the weeds. The restaurant didn't look overly busy, but perhaps he had too many tables. I dunno, but for us... when a waiter is not calm, I feel like I need to accommodate him/her.

I would suggest you go, grab a beverage and do a walk-around their property, but go somewhere else for dinner.

• Visited March 2013