“great last minute find”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Bend
Bend
“great last minute find”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My husband and I arrived in bend after 10 pm. We were looking for a nice hotel that had a vacancy. Happened upon the Red Lion and received exceptional service by the gentleman manning the desk. All that was left was a queen double suite. Room was very big and comfy. Great nights sleep with no noise to wake us up. Only wish we had wakened early enough to try the breakfast. One complaint would be there was hair left in the tub. Other than that the room was clean.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I got there tired and they couldn't do enough for me. I asked for recommendations about places to have dinner and they were able to help me a lot. At check out they were very helpful with get me in the right direction. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. Everything worked. When I asked one of the grounds keepers a question they were quick and honest with their answer.
I highly recommend them.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The customer service and facilities were exceptional! We reserved 12 rooms for our soccer team and had a movie night in one of the conference rooms. (Bring yourown speakers) The hotel was very accommodating to our needs.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

The beds are nice and soft, the bedding is nice. The rooms have been updated but there's an old feeling about them. The shower curtain was moldy! The service at the front desk was awesome. The location is great- not in walking distance to downtown but close and the Vietnamese restaurant across the street was fantastic!

• Stayed July 2014
Eagle, Idaho
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Excellent stay at Bend Red Lion. Very clean and staff very friendly. Efficient service. Great pho restaurant across the street. Good locatin in Bend. Close to downtown and Old Mill District. Beautiful city and our stay was pleasant. I would definitely stay there again. A little pricey but we were happy with our stay. Beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. Coffee delicious and continental breakfast was fine. Wish they had sweet rolls.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Irvine, California
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights in July. The hotel was booked, but got a good deal through the Red Lion website. The hotel looks dated on the outside, but the rooms have been upgraded. We had a larger room with 2 queen beds and loved it. We had good sleep each night and plenty of room for our bikes. The Wifi speed was also good enough to stream Netflix. The best thing was the staff. We had hoped to check in early when we arrived, but they didn't have a room ready. However, the rest of the trip, the staff actually hooked up a hose, so we could wash our bikes! Also, the breakfast is much better than the standard free breakfast. I wish more hotels at this price had breakfast like this. The only downside, but it' not that bad is location. It's not near the heart of Bend, but plenty of stuff withing walking distance (like groceries). I would give this hotel 5 stars, but I tend to reserve that for beyond this world stays. Overall, I'd say one of the best places to stay in Bend, OR!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the larger room...it's worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Lewistown
Reviewed July 19, 2014

With a top name like Red Lion my expectations were unmet. The exterior of the hotel is very shabby and area dirty and unkept. The bathroom tiles were in bad repair. The furniture so large that it was difficult to pass without getting impaled on the doors of the TV cabinet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Melizza I, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Bend, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Ms. Marilyn F.,

I want to first thank you for your loyalty to Red Lion Hotels. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations and that your stay was a disappointment. I received your survey and I have addressed your concerns with my Housekeeping Supervisor and my Facilities Staff. I hope that you will return to Bend and give us another opportunity to take care of your hospitality needs.

Kindest Regards,