Red Lion Inn & Suites Bend
Riverhouse on the Deschutes(Bend)(Great Value!)
$149
$112
Groupon.com
Holiday Motel(Bend)(Great Value!)
$69
Cascade Lodge(Bend)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
Bend Three Sisters Inn & Suites(Bend)(Great Value!)
$156
$133
$234
La Quinta Inn Bend(Bend)(Great Value!)
$159
Comfort Inn & Suites(Bend)(Great Value!)
$168
$128
$229
$125
$118
$173
$167
Doubletree.com
All reviewsthe black bear dinerroom was cleancookieswafflesfree breakfastclose to downtowntwo queen bedsnice breakfastfresh fruithot breakfastpool and hot tubwould stay here againchecking inconvenient locationcoffee makerlobbymotel
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here last April-May 2011 while visiting our son in Oregon. I must say that the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly... they gave me a special pillow to help with my neck since I forgot my pillow I use... The breakfast was very good and filling--the cleanliness of the room was very good as well... We will definitely stay here again when we come out to the wonderful Pacific Northwest!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RDM777777
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hotel is not a new property with exterior access to the majority of the rooms. We had a room below the parking area elevation which we found to be comfortable, quiet, clean and contained a fridge and microwave. There was an outdoor pool and hot tub, guest laundry and a small exercise room which had 24 hour access. There was free wi-fi access and a hot breakfast included in the room rate. The breakfast area was a bit small for the size of the hotel, but there was an overflow area in the lobby as well as in a banquet area upstairs. There is a Black Bear diner on the property and guests receive a 10% discount.

Room Tip: Try the lower level.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here one night mid-week. Luckily I had booked in advance, as it was full. This is an older, well-aged, very busy property in a busy area in busy Bend. It has a cramped parking lot; they are serious here about having you place a big parking-pass on your dash!

Note that this property has half the rooms up stairs on the 2nd floor; be sure to request a ground-floor room if you need level entry.

My room was adequate, except for the quite bizarre desk/chair setup, where there was a large office chair placed at the desk right inside the door, which complely blocked access to the rest of the room. I had to move it way out of the way when arriving and departing. Also I tried to use the microwave to boil water for tea, but it wasn't working.

There is a free basic breakfast which is OK - HOWEVER the room its provided in is quite quite cramped and there are few tables. I used it rather late not long before it closed, and as the property was full I found it still VERY busy, VERY crowded, and difficult to maneuver around in; I seriously hated to think what it must have been like an hour or 2 earlier, it was not fun.

There is a Black Bear Diner branch on the property. I like this chain OK, but I had dinner here kinda late and found it very busy; I didn't see much of my waitress, and when I did she didn't seem to know much and I had to literally spell out each letter for her to order how I wanted some eggs cooked b-a-s-t-e-d (the cook knew what to do of course).

Room Tip: Request ground floor if you need level entry.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Very clean, perfect if you get there with a car since parking is free. Pleasant lobby.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Husband and Springers and I stayed for a night at the Red Lion bend after feeling uncomfortable hanging around Frenchglen as the fires raged around it--the smell of smoke and the endless helicopters and fire crews, along with the 100-degree temperatures, were unsettling. Drover Inn at Frenchglen Hotel was very gracious and allowed us to cancel our second night there(we would have paid it).

Red Lion Bend is very nice, 70's style, great bed, quiet, fun outdoor pool, great price($129 with $15 total dog fee, for two dogs) for large room, big bathroom. We walked over to the Farmer's Market in town and bought fresh salad fixings, and ate dinner on the landing outside our room--because the outdoor table under the stairway stunk so bad from cigarette smoke we couldn't use it. Addicted smokers leave their burning cigs in the ashtray provided by the motel This is advertised as a 'non-smoking' establishment, but they probably have to do this, to avoid butts in the landscaping and everywhere. We had to douse the ashtray with water to stop the smoke from streaming out. Yuck.

Aside from the fairly pervasive smell of cigarette smoke in the stairway and on lower corridor, Red Lion Bend is a fab place, nicely landscaped, and well-maintained.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quiet,with less cigarette smoke smell.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family