“Nice location”
Review of Looney Bean Coffee

Looney Bean Coffee
Ranked #1 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Bend
Description: "Very pleasant place to have a cup of coffee. Outdoor seating right on the river front". Bend location of this chain.
Kent, Washington
“Nice location”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We met local friends here for coffee this morning, and I really love the location of this tiny coffee house, especially the green lawn that spreads all the way to Mirror Pond. The coffee was good, a bit pricey, but good. My husband's latte was potent enough, but completely lacking in the almond flavoring he requested (and paid for). We'd already cooked breakfast at the house, so didn't get to sample any of the pastries. But the scones and lemon bars looked wonderful! It doesn't look like they have kitchen facilities here, so they either bake them offsite, or purchase them from someone else. The mixed berry scones looked amazing; wish I'd bought one for a mid-morning snack!

• Visited September 2012

Covington, Washington
“Nice coffee shop with a great view”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Nice coffee shop with a great view of Mirror Pond on the Deschutes river. I didn't get what I ordered though. I requested a skinny vanilla latte, but they forgot the vanilla syrup. I don't know if i paid for the flavoring or not since I didn't get an itemized receipt (this is becoming more common I've noticed, but I think it is poor form). Coffee was good, but not as exceptional as other reviews suggest (being from the Seattle area, perhaps I'm jaded). I would return for the view and atmosphere, but wouldn't necessarily go out of my way for the coffee.

kenai
“nice location”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Nice location on the river boardering the park.coffee was nothing special avarage only but good spot.

Visited August 2012
Wisconsin
“Nice setting”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Great setting on mirror pond. We are visiting Bend for the summer. Have come here about 5 times so far. Good coffee and lovely setting. The only strange thing is the people tend to be cool and unfriendly. People as in workers. I would suggest they hire perkier and friendlier personnel.

Fort Langley, Canada
“Hidden jem”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Tucked away just off the main drag, this is like an oasis fueled by caffeine. Morning Glory muffins are the best and the staff are better.

• Visited June 2012