“I can't stop thinking about the "beef stew" Pho bowl !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 444 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Bozeman
“I can't stop thinking about the "beef stew" Pho bowl !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Don't let the appearance of this little hole-in-the wall cafe deter you from one of the best bowls you'll ever experience! We'd heard raves about this place, so tried it on our last visit to Bend over Thanksgiving holiday. The rich, fragrant oxtail stock with hints of star anise and cardamom must also have crack in it, because we just had to return a few days later for a repeat order of the "Beef Stew" bowl, which contained large chunks of crisp-roasted carrot, fried potato and tender beef over noodles. Another menu item of delicate chicken stock with seafood dumplings was delicious as well, and each order came with generous sprigs of thai basil, fresh bean sprouts and jalapeno slices. The perfect comfort food for winter.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Canby, Oregon
“Excellent Pho, Great Salad Rolls”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

As has been expressed in other reviews, go for the exceptional Pho and the delicious Shrimp/Pork Salad Rolls. Service, while friendly, is hit or miss and the other dishes are pretty avaerage. Prices are on the high side and they don't have any lunch specials. I WANT to like this place more than I do.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bozeman, Montana
“Spicy Hot & Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Bend to have Thanksgiving with our kids, and see old friends. There are many great restaurants in Bend but after partying and eating for a few days, I was in the mood for some spicy "hangover" soup (a term used in Korea). A local alternative tabloid had a soup review that mentioned Pho, so we drove over.

The "Beef Stew" (Pho's name) noodle soup was indescribably delicious ... just what I needed. We went back the next day for our "leaving town" dinner and I had the same and so did my wife as she liked mine so much the day before. I also loved their non-fried spring rolls.

The staff and owner were very friendly and efficient, and the food wonderful. Don't expect elegant decor, or romantic ambiance, the place is a little worn around the edges. If you want a hot, spicy, delicious, cure for the winter doldrums: try Pho.

Germany
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The food is really good. We tried Vegetarian Salad Rolls ( rice paper, cold ) as well as Vegetarian Crispy Spring Rolls, hot and crispy. Both very tasty.
And there are lots of main dishes.
The service was extremely friendly.

Visited September 2012
Bend, Oregon
“Service great, food not”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

The staff were very friendly. However, I ordered the vegetarian Pho and vegetarian spring rolls among other things. People had raved about ithe pho in particular. However, it seemed lacking in flavor and both my wife and I got sick. This might have been an isolated case. However, we have not returned. If you want better pho, I would recommend Chow instead.

Visited August 2012