“A wonderful way to see Central Oregon”

Leading Edge Aviation
Ranked #23 of 41 Tours in Bend
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Bend, Oregon and close Central Oregon surroundings in an exciting helicopter flight. All tours are performed with state of the art Bell and Robinson helicopters which are maintained by factory-trained technicians and flown by highly experienced commercial pilots to ensure your safety. In fact, the Bell 206 Jet Ranger has the highest safety record of any aircraft in the world.
Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A wonderful way to see Central Oregon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Leading edge offers a number of different tours, all around central Oregon. They can also plan a custom tour for you if need be. But the staff is extremely friendly, professional, and courteous, with seemingly a ton of knowledge of both the area and the aircraft you fly in. The prices are a tad steep, but in the end its really the only way to do something like this around here, and it could be a lot higher, as I have seen in other touristy areas. Regardless, this is still a great way to spend a sunny day if you are in town, or live in town and want a different view of the area.

Visited March 2012

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Helicopter flight in Bend Oregon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

My wife and I took a helicopter flight from Bend to look at the surrounding area. We flew up the Deschutes River and then to Sun River. The view of the mountains was amazing.

As a forty year pilot I was impressed with the safety of the operation and the excellent condition of the helicopters in Leading Edges fleet of helicopters.

The pilot took extra care to make sure my wife didn't get sick. He also let me fly which was fun because I have never flown a helicopter before.

HIGHLY recommend Leading Edge and the sigh seeing from a helicopter in the Bend area.

Visited September 2011
Bend, Oregon
“A wonderful birthday present.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

I reserved 2 seats on the morning traffic copter, one of them was a birthday present for my 9 year old grandson. It was an amazing flight on a beautiful morning. Besides the traffic reports, we had lots of time to sight see all around the area. Adam was a great pilot, and showed us many points of interest. My grandson was in awe.

Visited August 2011
Beaverton, Oregon
“Best of Central Oregon tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

I am really glad I did this. It was very exciting. My pilot was experienced and pointed out many things as we flew over Crooked River and Prinville, around Smith Rock, over to the mountains North, Middle and South Sister, Broken Top, over Tumalo Falls, Lava Falls, Bend and back to the airport. I don't think I would have been as happy with the shorter tours under an hour. My goal was to see Central Oregon and get pictures, not just go for a ride in a helicopter. Pictures turned out great because of the clear skys.

Visited July 2011