“Wonderful Resort!”
Review of Cultus Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bend
Cultus Lake Resort
Ranked #8 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Bend
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Our family has been going to Cultus Lake Resort for the last 4 years and hope to for years to come. Our children love it, we love it and you just can't ask for anything better. We stay in the cabins for a week and they are so nice! Our cabin overlooks the lake and if I could move in and stay I would! The staff is FAB and makes you feel like family!! Once you go, you're hooked! You'll want to go back every year!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank mom2twogirls0004

Reviewed August 16, 2010

As I child I came to this resort and I continue to return now as an adult - there is no place I no of that remains so purely simple and pleasurable a place to stay with family. The current owners are delightful, and I sincerely appreciate how they have stayed true to the spirit of the place by not pandering to the need for more luxury or swanky restaurant service. The prices are extremely reasonable, the grounds beautifully kept (without losing a sense of wilderness), and the owners make you feel like you have come home to relax. Jenny and Seth, parents themselves, are so kind to our kids, and never bat an eye when we send the little ones up on their own to eat breakfast at the counter in the restaurant while we get to sleep in in our cozy cabin. The kids have a sense of freedom here that they tend to lose in the city, which is why they beg us to bring them back here every year. I sincerely hope the owners continue to run the resort just as they have been, with their natural respect and love for family as well as the special history of the place. Thank you for all your wonderful work!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennyrus
Reviewed August 16, 2010

After having come to the Cultus Lake Resort for the last 4 years we are increasingly impressed with the ability of their staff to consitently deliever great food at a great value! Their Rib nights are my son's favorite summertime event. The staff is ALWAYS COURTEOUS AND PLEASANT and the food is exactly what you want. I don't know what it must be like to be isolated out 44 miles from Bend out in the forest and have a fully operational restaurant. It takes a lot of planning and dedication to get that food fresh and hot and on the table. The staff at CLR also provides Jet Skis, boats, swimming areas and equipment for fishing, boating and picnicking. Their cabins are clean, well maintained and staggered along the shoreline to provide maximum views and campfire relaxation! Dan's flower gardens are worth the 44 miles all by themselves. My mother came out to join us for dinner one night this trip and said she would have "walked from Bend" to see the flower garden and beautiful lawn out front (and she is 80!). Give your family a treat! Rent a cabin for a week or two (if there are any vacancies) next summer and enjoy the hospitality that is all but lost from most american establishments.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank aberdog
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We had a great experience at the resort restaurant. We strolled up the lawn from the dock, sat in a window seat overlooking the lake. On a chilly August evening (65 degrees), the house chili warmed us right up. We had many questions about the lake and amenities, the owner and employee answered all our questions and were fun to chat with.

The resort has a water volleyball court, jet ski rentals and many more fun looking items. I hope to find out more of the available amenities on another trip. There are cabins available for rent $85-$150 (bring your own bedding), paid camp sites on West Cultus CG $15 and other free ones. You do need a forest service pass for camping.

We had a rocky start (literally) at the boat launch site. A week ago we put in at the busy boat launch, went around the boats docked on the side and hit the underwater rock ledge that runs parallel with the dock. One side has visible rocks, the other has underwater rocks. Our prop was damaged beyond use. We had to paddle back to dock. While loading our boat, another boat also got stuck on the ledge, they had to get out and push their boat off the rocks. I asked the sheriff about this, he said on a clear day you can see the rocks so they don't mark it. We were going slow and couldn't see the rocks from the boat.

We came back this week (with an expensive new prop) and didn't go around other boats. Had a wonderful time on the lake & an even better time at the lodge.

On our return to the dock, it was full with 7 boats. We pulled up, let guests off and went back out to allow others to pack up and move out. 30 minutes later we returned to find that the dock was still full with 5 of the same boats. 2 boats had been left at the dock, one was 15 feet from the ramp and the other at the other end, so they could go have dinner at camp. This left the other 5 boats with one ramp to use. When we were next in line the 2 boat owners returned and took 15 minutes to get in the boats and go back out on the lake. 1 of those owners, Gary, was terribly rude when we asked him if he could hurry so we could use the ramp and that we had been waiting 45 minutes. He asked if the people in front of us knew what they were doing. I told him yes, that the problem was his boat was blocking the ramp and that they had to wait for the 3 boats in front of them to load. The other adults in his group seemed quite embarrassed, Gary continued to be slow and rude to others with other while trying to chat with us about our classic boat.

The resort restaurant was wonderful. The boat launch (not controlled by the resort) has drawbacks. Use caution with the rocks and courtesy at the launch dock. The docks at the resort area do not seem to have the problems of the public launch dock.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank bendbits
Reviewed August 12, 2010

There is no lake as beautiful as Cultus Lake.The ski and the lake were an amazing blue.We went jet skiing and the lake was like glass and the beach was clean,and the flowers were outstanding.Our visit was the most pleasurable,and quiet. The food was good and the staff helpful. My husband I slept like babies and it was peaceful. I looked out my window and I saw an American Bald Eagle setting in the tree with in arms reach. I will return each year for a Cultus Lake vacation. What a great place for a family to reconnect and refresh.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Love1957Buicks
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Had A wonderful time and felt very well cared for the counter staff VERY VERY helpful with all of my requests and with helping find fantastic local attractions that aren't listed in A travel guide like some hiking trails.
I will definitely stay here again when I get the opportunity!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ranchodilligaf
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I've been going to CLR for almost 20 years. Although we've always camped there, we've always used the services of the resort for meals and supplies. In all my years in customer service, I have always been told to "treat the customer as I would want to be treated"; "the customer is always right"; "courtesy creates customer loyalty". However, the current owners of CLR don't seem to abide by these commonly known customer service rules.

If my business was ruled by repeat customers, I would be sure to make them know that ANY business I receive is appreciated. I don't care if someone is there for a bag of ice ($2.25) or spending $60.00 on a meal; each customer should be treated with the same respect and courtesy. This is not the case. Half the time you are ignored during the transaction and made to feel that you don't belong in their store/restaurant. A specific occurrence was when all the kids in our party went to the restaurant for ice cream cones - they were treated as nuisances by the owner because they were only there for ice cream. Don't even think of the kids getting to sit down and eat the ice cream - that would've taken up there precious table space, even though they would have been paying customers. This is a special treat to those kids & in the past often enjoyed getting to see the ice cream scooped out & enjoyed eating it together. However, this specific year they were allowed only 2 at a time & not allowed to sit inside the restaurant. Therefore, half the kids' ice creams were either half-way melted or eaten by the time the last kid got theirs. In a business where generations of families continue to come back, you just offended FUTURE CUSTOMERS.

Once more, we stayed in a cabin in the past and was disgusted to find out that even though our cabin slept 4 people, we were expected to pay EXTRA for our 4-yr-old child. Your cabin rental fee does NOT include linens of ANY kind anymore either...(yes, you have to bring your own from home)...it also instructs you to CLEAN YOUR OWN CABIN upon leaving. However, when I'm on vacation, I'm NOT there to do THEIR jobs. The last thing I'm wanting to do when I'm packing up is to worry about sweeping, mopping and cleaning my toilet in my cabin. That is what their CLEANING STAFF is for - NOT their PAYING guests!!!!!!!!!

I love CLR and will continue to visit the lake, but have recently decided that it's worth the drive to another resort to pay lower prices and receive friendly, appreciative service. Until ownership is passed on or the feeling of 'them doing us a favor by letting us stay at their resort" is dropped, I don't think we would ever consider renting another cabin.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family