“Best this country has to offer.”
Review of Cultus Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bend
Cultus Lake Resort
Ranked #8 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Bend
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The CLR has been a destination for me and my family for the last 8 years. It upholds a traditions dating back to the 1950s but carefully modernizes the cabins to keep them clean comfortable and safe. The family that owns the CLR is a wonderful example of what family is all about. I am already looking forward to next year and we just got back from this year's trip yesterday! For dinner, breakfast or lunch, for a day a week or a month, there is no place we can think of that is a better destination.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank aberdog
There are newer reviews for Cultus Lake Resort

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our family - of four generations have been seeking out places to stay for the last 30 years. My wife and I stumbled upon this place last summer (road trip) and though it would be a great place to take the family this year (2013) - We were not disappointed - it was excellent. We had a number of units - about 21 adults and some very young children.

The place if very family friendly - had a great restaurant (loved the all you could eat RIBs night) - nice beach - water sport access (my Brother in law had a ski boat) - and fishing. We also took a few hikes in the area - may bring the mountain bikes next year.

Read the Web site before coming - it is very accurate and informs you what they provide and what you need to bring (e.g. bedding)

We loved it - and will be back again next year - and hopefully many more.

Byron B

2  Thank Byron B
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and girls decided to spend a few days at Cultus Lake with great friends. It seemed like a long trip to get to a lake, however once we found this little resort, we were beyond thrilled. It was absolutely picturesque and they have friendliest staff. We made the decision to return the following summer for an entire week. I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Nics F
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our families have visited the resort almost every year since it was built in 1954. The facilities under these owners are particularly clean and well repaired, swimming and boating areas are clearly and safely marked and the grounds have been planted and maintained beautifully. The scenery is incredible and the amenities abundant (kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, fishing boats, jet skis and more!). There is much good hiking, biking and fishing in the immediate area, as well, and Bend is less than an hour away (and Sun River, even closer). In addition to the 20+ cabins (most with kitchens) there is a restaurant (with great ribs on Friday and Saturday nights!) and a store that sells almost everything from bandages to t-shirts and fishing lures. Service was prompt and cheerful and, I believe, everything was reasonably priced. I think of it as a perfect balance between a Four Seasons Hotel and camping in the extreme. ALWAYS enjoyable!!

Room Tip: Most cabins have a lake views, #'s 5 through 10 are the biggest and have, I believe, the best v...
1  Thank Bill F
Reviewed July 23, 2013

A beautiful location can only remain that way if it is well taken care of. The Cultus Lake Resort operators have done a remarkable job over the years of maintaining the facility and atmosphere to offer a wonderful vacation experience.
We have been coming to Cultus for over 40 years and each trip becomes more special to our family and friends. The resort has only gotten better and the impact to the surroundings has been carefully managed.
Each lake resort offers different views and experiences and just like restaurants, there is one for everybody. I like Cultus for the quiet, rustic, family friendly and high quality experience year after year.

Room Tip: Take the time to get to know Dan, Sandy, Jennee and Seth, they are great people.
2  Thank Tom S
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had 2 cabins for the week of July 7 thru 14th. It was great !! I went on runs in the morning, followed by a ski on great water, followed by a breakfast at the lodge. if you have a better start to your day... tell me ! I think I had the blueberry pancake 3 times. And I'm only talking 1 pancake cause it's huge !
We had the rib feed on Friday night which was excellent. The weather was great and kicking back on the beach was cool cause it's for the cabin folks only. I had my boat there which was a no hassle deal. Plenty of room on the dock all week long.
This whole experience was so good that I reserved for next year !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank scott z
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Anyone can take your money and give you a place to stay but at Cultus Lake Resort Dan, Sandie, Seth and Jennee all make you feel welcome. It truly is a warm and inviting family place. We were there with 20+ members of our family spanning 4 generations and there is something for everyone (including my Yellow Lab). We hiked to outer lakes, Boated, Skied, Swam every day and even caught a few fish at the outlying lakes. Had breakfast with my 2 year old granddaughter most mornings in the restaurant and dinner aroung a campfire with the entire clan every night. As good as it Gets.

Room Tip: Plan to eat at the restaurant some
1  Thank Alan B