“Sad.”
Review of Cultus Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bend
Cultus Lake Resort
Ranked #8 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Bend
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My family has been staying here for years. None of us will be back. Its really to bad because the lake and local are great. The staff and owners are horrible. Poor service, and disrespecting ownership is not how you run a business. I have wrote reviews in the past to let people know what a great time we had. If I had a bad time I just let it be. Never wrote a bad one or felt the need untill now. We where treated so bad that a few of our party started crying. Never have I been talked to or treated like this by a resort, lodge, or park. I will go out of my way to tell people to not stay at clr every chance I get.

• Stayed: July 2012
17  Thank joeydaone
jenelliff, Owner at Cultus Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

We at Cultus Lake Resort would like to respond to this families review. This family has been staying with us at Cultus for several years, renting 4 of our cabins. We have always enjoyed having them as our guests, they have always been respectful of our facilities as well as our policies, until this year. We had numerous complaints from other cabin guests regarding the family being loud until late at night as well as them having an excessive amount of guests spending the days and evening's around the cabin area. Our cabin guests come to Cultus Lake Resort for the peace and tranquility we offer as well as the beautiful setting. It was a hard decision for us to have to make asking this family not to come back and stay with us again, but it was either that or loose some of our other guests that were unhappy with the lack of respect that this family not only showed us as resort owners but also fellow guests staying here.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I just returned from a trip to Cultus Lake Resort with my husband and 2yr old daughter. It was our first time there, and we were in love! The grounds are beautiful, the lake is beautiful, the cabin we stayed in (#6) had the most gorgeous view of the lake. It was very clean and had everything we needed. The cabin is a rustic style cabin. I was a little worried staying here after reading a few of the earlier reviews as they said the cabin was bare, too rustic, etc. I couldn't disagree more, because these were so lovely! I'm assuming anyone that would complain about anything at this resort are your high maintenance types, and should go elsewhere. The staff were very friendly and so laid back. Renting jet skis and paddle boats was so easy and simple. With all that said, I can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: If you have kids: I suggest the waterfront cabins close to the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank OregonDH
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Because we only had the day to enjoy the holiday we decided to take a ride up to Cultus Lake Resort and have lunch. It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. The lake was beautiful, but a little to cold for swimming.

We sat outside on the Resort's new patio and enjoyed a very nice meal. The service was wonderful and the food was great!

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Paula F
Reviewed June 5, 2012

One year ago we went to Cultis for a day trip. We ate at there restraunt walked the grounds, watched people fish, and liked what we were seeing. So we asked to see a few of the cabins and fell I Love with cabin 11. So we booked a trip back to stay in cabin 11.. we had an excellent time lots of good memories made.
Upon our derarture we asked if it would be possible to return back this year and again stay in cabin 11 the answer " oh yes no problem" so we booked a trip to arrive on June 3rd and stay through the 8th. When we called the day we were set to arrive they told my husband oh we upgraded you to cabin 16.. my immediate respone was upgrade?? Why?? We wanted to stay in 11...
We arrived just at dark, there's no outside lighting.. its pouring down rain there's no pourch to get out of the rain.. rain sliding down your back as you enter the cabin.. however there's a kitchen.. that's not in cabin 11.. we didn't know that there would be a kitchen.. didn't bring food to prepare in that kitchen.. but that was the upgrade..
Because it was late when we arrived.. the office was closed and our original cabin had been given to someone else.. nothappy at al we decide to leave.. they charged us to stay in cabin 19 for the night and kept our deposit.. for changes they made without asking how we felt...

• Stayed: June 2012
10  Thank donnawaite
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have been going to Cultus for 8 years every year we look forward to seeing the owners as well as fishing the lake. The cabins are not fancy , but they do have every thing except the linens.
I know this and have no problem with the concept. The Restaurant has great food I have never had a bad meal or bad service. I have found the owners always willing to go the extra mile to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ken R
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Cultus lake resort

We just stayed at Cultus Lake Resort and am giving you a rating of our stay.
The cabins were OK just like the Internet described. No frills but were fun.
Our disappointment was the staff at the resort.

The old guy at the front counter was a JERK. I had heard that before coming up and after staying there, yes he was a "turd". A warm smile and a friendly welcome was anticipated
upon arrival and was very much a disappointment.

The second big disappointment was the restaurant. What an experience that was!
We decided to go for "Rib night" and had planned this along time ago and thought this sounded like fun.
We got to the restaurant at 5:30 and was greeted by a nice little girl with a painted face.
We got served a couple of soda's after 15 minutes. We waited a while longer for menu's and my son saw some at the counter and we started to look at them when we were confronted by a grouchy old woman with a "pissy" attitude who grabbed the menus and with an attitude..."WE ONLY HAVE RIBS OR CHICKEN!" she said.
We looked at each other and thought "oh my~wow! this lady hates her job!"
10 minutes later the same lady with a bitter beer face says "WE'RE OUT OF RIBS!".... 5 minutes later the same lady "WERE OUT OF CHICKEN!."

We are thinking its 6 pm Saturday night. We planned this along time ago as part of our trip to go to the WORLD famous rib night..
Now what do we do? What a joke that was.

What a disappointment this place was WOW! No back up plan from them for dinner and
many people just arriving also caught this Lady's terrible attitude about the situation.
It could have been so nicely handled with a gracious apology of being "OUT"
Instead: all of us were scrambling out of the doors like a fire was inside the building .

(My suggestion would be to have the sweet little girl handle turning
people away. We saw at least 20 or so leaving. Sad, and they
were feeling the same I would bet. The stressed out lady really
made a terrible scene and impression on many.

My advice to you who run this place is to take some advice and either change your attitudes and business or get out of it if you hate people so much.

The resort could be great if the right kind of people managed it. We had planned to rent a boat and jet skis but decided not to because of our experience with the older staff.

In review, we will not return to this resort as there are many to choose from even
your area. You may not care, However, if you do care about customer service,
you may try making some changes for next year to save future customers and
perhaps your reputation.

We travel often and this was the worst experience we have had.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
18  Thank 390kevinb
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have taken our boat several times to Cultus lake and decided to look at the locale for a family reunion. While the setting is really lovely (crystal blue lake, flowers around resort and overall setting) and hard to beat, the service was so poor we decided to continue looking at other resorts.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family