“Excellent pizza and staff”

Pisano's Woodfired Pizza
Ranked #15 of 471 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Description: We are in Tumalo junction serving Woodfired 12 inch artisan pizza using local fresh ingredients. We also make gluten free We DO NOT deliver, Sorry!
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I arrived a bit earlier than my husband and was greeted by a nice waiter who introduced himself as well as the restaurant. I very quickly was served a glass of wine and given a menu, as well as a little company during my wait. When my husband arrived he was quickly served a nice cold beer from their selection on tap.

As we were chatting, I learned the restaurant had been in the more pretentious Northwest Crossing area of Bend before moving to this current location. THANK HEAVENS they moved! Northwest Crossing, although new and fancy, is not our preferred lifestyle and out of the way of our normal travels.

Our pizza, we ordered two types, had incredibly fresh ingredients and topped with a touch of Parmesan and fresh basil. All the pizzas are the same size, and we ordered two completely different pizzas; one white and the other red, opting to take home leftovers.

They have a choice of three salads and next time, yes there will be a next time, we will give the salad a try. They serve appetizers as well.

It was nice to have the owner come out to greet us and thank us for coming in. The service was excellent and quick, and food tasty and fresh.

We will be back. It is easy to get to, has a friendly atmosphere and excellent pizza.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I lived in San Francisco through the '50s and '60, and my wife Karen and I lived in Glendale and the San Fernando Valley for 17 years before moving to Bend in 1982. In both of those areas you will find some of the finest pizza available. Since moving to Bend, we have been hoping to find a pizza to match some of those fine pizzas. We had heard of a Pisano's Pizza in NW Crossing, making New York style pizza, and had been told it was very good, but we were longing for a superior Neapolitan pizza. We live in Tumalo, and one day while driving on highway 20, lo and behold, I see a sign in Tumalo Junction that said PISANO'S PIZZA. I immediately went and met Ed the owner, a warm and friendly gentleman, and my wife and I then enjoyed a delicious Margherita Pizza like we had been hoping for. Needless to say, we have ordered more pizzas from him, and each one is a real treat. The crust is superb, the ingredients fresh and yummy.
One special recommendation. If you get the chance, you must try the Filet Mignon pizza. It is so delicious that you might want to inhale it, but take your time and savor each and every bite! I told Ed that he is in serious trouble for getting me so hooked on his awesome pizza. LOL! Don't delay, folks, come to Tumalo and find out what I mean. You, too, will be hooked! We totally recommend Pisano's to everyone that wants the best Pizza anywhere.
Bob and Karen T.

j

1  Thank Bob T
Reviewed January 27, 2014

It has been years since visiting a place where the owner interacts with patrons; it was a refreshing experience. The wood fired oven added a unique and pleasurable touch to the pizza.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

From the moment you enter Pisano's one word comes to mind... Fabulous! Warm, inviting atmosphere, Fantastic service and the DELICIOUS food!! Our family is gluten free and finding a wonderful freshly made gluten free pizza is so refreshing! We had the family salad along with the yummy pizza. The salad was like the best antipasto mixed with fresh greens and an amazing italian dressing! The pizza was not some greasy overloaded mess, it was fresh, premium, ingredients expertly mixed to pizza perfection! So yummy we ordered another one while were still finishing the first!! We HIGHLY reccomend Pisano's!!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Delicious Pizza made by Chef Ed. Best in Oregon. Congenial, friendly atmosphere. Have recommended Pisano's Pizza to family, friends and neighbors. I am a senior and plan to frequent this restaurant on a regular basis.