“Best breakfast in town, by far”

McKay Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 469 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: McKay Cottage is a family friendly neighborhood restaurant serving award winning breakfast and lunch. McKay is located in beautiful Bend Oregon in an historical 1916 craftsman bungalow with lawn seating in the warmer months.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

What an amazing breakfast. We came here about 5 years ago...and remembered to come back here as the food was great. It still is amazing, they have many choices ...if you want to go healthier or indulge. Best pancakes ever, best eggs benedict...best oatmeal, best bacon (and I don't like bacon!) and best chai tea I ever had. Service is excellent, we have kids and they were super acommodating, giving them activities for the table and a small plate of fruit and crackers while we were ordering and waiting. I can only say the best about this place...I wish my other dining experiences in Bend were as great as this was. If ever in Bend again, we will be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I have been here many times and was back in town for business so I had to stop in for breakfast. They accommodated my diet restrictions/requests and the food was amazing. Waitress made me feel like family and I will continue to come back here!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The six of us had a late breakfast at the Cottage. The food was very good, but somewhat bland. The Hollandaise Sauce used on the Eggs Benedict was not home made. The scone was very good and served with excellent marmalade, but poor butter. The coffee was excellent. We had to ask our waiter twice for cream for the coffee. Then he rushed us by clearing dishes and bringing the check before we had finished. The portions are large, but the prices still relatively high.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I went for breakfast last Sunday and the place was packed. They are very accommodating when you wait offering free coffee. After a very short wait we were seated. Our breakfasts were outstanding and so was the service. It is amazing how quickly they can get out your meals, even when slammed with every table full. Consider taking a bag of their own home made granola home with you. It is outstanding. There are many reasons that it is the number one restaurant in Bend

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I would add my voice to those who love this restaurant! We were there on a very busy Sunday and seated outside. The food was excellent, the coffee also excellent (and while you are waiting for a table you can get a cup, which is wonderful). The wait staff are universally over the top warm and friendly, it is a very human experience to eat there. What was also really great is that they have outdoor "blankies" for when the often unpredictable weather changes in Bend, as it did when we were visiting. Staff were very prompt about offering lap robes to those that needed them when the wind started to blow a bit more vigorously. When it began to rain, they quickly found an umbrella (as we were headed to the airport to go boxes weren't the best option). They also gave us a credit on the bill for being such good sports, very unexpected and a really nice gesture on their part.