“Great Food worth the long wait!” 4 of 5 bubbles

McKay Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 444 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Food worth the long wait!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The food is great! The scones are delish and I have tried many things on the menu and have NEVER been disappointed. Its a great place for kids. As soon at they seat you they bring the little kids a plate of berries, fruit and crackers to keep them happy. They also have a fun activities that they bring to the table for the bigger kids! The only reason we occasionally choose to go else where is because of the long waits and it gets extremely loud on busy days.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Oregon
“Great Place for Breakfast or Lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is my new favorite place in Bend! This adorable restaurant allows for indoor or outdoor seating. If you eat outside, it is on tables on the lawn, shaded by umbrellas or trees. You can even let your dog lay down by the table (no, it isn't gross!). I went there wanting strawberry crepes ... but after looking at the menu also wanted a breakfast burrito. Our great waiter, Colby, gave me the option of having a 1/2 order of each! For $2 less than that listed price, you can get a 1/2 order of any meals. The meals are very generous in size ... and are delicious! Colby was very personable and friendly and made sure that our entire dining experience was excellent. When I asked for more iced tea shortly before leaving, he even offered to put it in a to-go cup for me! Great place for anyone. We saw couples, families, business people, and groups of friends. We can't wait to go back! I believe they are only open for breakfast and lunch, with a separate menu for each. They also have a dessert display with some amazing looking items. The butter scone was very good with the berry jam. They also serve drinks - beer, wine, mimosas, bloody mary, etc.

Bend, Oregon, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of our favorite spots!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The food is always fantastic, service always excellent. Compared to the other breakfast spots in town, the wait is usually short to get a table. We eat at McKay about once a month. Looking forward to the next time!

Oregon
“Good food, REALLY long wait”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife had the chicken tortilla hash, and it was very good( I had a few bites). I had the pico hash, and it was good. The only problem with my food was a pool of grease on the bottom of my plate. I have never seen that before, and I could see some people would be really bothered by it. The only other thing is that we waited an hour and 5 minutes, from the time we ordered til the time food came to our table. I realize that they were busy, but that is a very long time.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mjsalem
Eugene, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Not only is the food spectacular (fresh and delicious) but the staff is super friendly and makes the experience wonderful! We had a 2 year old with her and within seconds she had crayons, paper, covered water with a straw and fruit! Way to keep a two year old (and parents) happy!