“The kind of place you tell your friends about!”

McKay Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 476 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: McKay Cottage is a family friendly neighborhood restaurant serving award winning breakfast and lunch. McKay is located in beautiful Bend Oregon in an historical 1916 craftsman bungalow with lawn seating in the warmer months.
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Amazing outdoor seating where they have thought of everything. It was mostly shaded first thing in the morning but they had warm soft blankets you could use if you were cold and when the sun came over the roof they had patio umbrellas to shade you if you wanted them. We had the pick hash that came with the jalapeño cheddar scone it was huge and amazing! We also had the biscuits and gravy and the buttermilk pancakes with the fresh fruit. Service is as fantastic as the other reviews and portions are large. We will definitely be back next time we are in town!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to have lunch and friend of ours showed us a nice place with indoor/outdoor seating. A very pleasant surprise. Great atmosphere and good food. I would recommend this place to anyone of my friends traveling through Bend.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a busy place and on a sunny weekend I was afraid we'd wait forever. However, the staff are efficient and we had a table in 10 min, with free coffee while we waited. The menu is nice--no side dishes/a la carte items listed. They were able to offer gluten free bread for a sandwich. Also, the staff were so incredibly friendly. They went out of their way to be kind and greet us even if they were covering other tables.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I often forget about this place when I'm thinking of a place to have breakfast, but it is easily one of the best breakfast and brunch places in Central Oregon. It has great outdoor seating when the weather is nice. Their Bloody Marys are great. They serve a scone with just about everything. Their Eggs Benedict are probably the best in town. Wonderful food. Also, they've got super friendly staff. I like that. Yep, even though I don't always think of them, since they're out of the way (away from downtown), they are easily one of the best spots for breakfast. There is no debate, if you've never been, just go and you'll see what I mean.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had friends coming from Seattle who dine out most meals. They are breakfast people and are pretty hard to impress so we decided to take them to McKay's. We arrived at opening on July 4th (nice they were open) and were seated outside as requested. Our service was very fast and friendly with suggestions and specials discussed early on. We all tried something different, including the scone and muffin options. Coffee was excellent, food was excellent and very fresh. Our server checked in frequently even though they were packed with customers. Prices were very competitive with other area restaurants. Our guests were so impressed that they asked if we could come the next day for breakfast, which we did. Service and food the next day was even better. We will all be back!

1  Thank Ed K