“chicken sausage hash”

McKay Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 471 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: McKay Cottage is a family friendly neighborhood restaurant serving award winning breakfast and lunch. McKay is located in beautiful Bend Oregon in an historical 1916 craftsman bungalow with lawn seating in the warmer months.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

went with a friend, she had the fresh blueberry crepes and i had the chicken sausage hash & eggs, both were delicious. The fresh fruit is always fresh and good, the coffee is wonderful, service is wonderful, the only problem is it's crowded and loud, hard to hear in a conversation because the acoustics are so bad and it's hard to find parking.

1  Thank vacationfun1234
Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

It was a cool, misty morning and there was a long wait...if you didn't have a reservation. But even if you had to wait, it was well worth it. Menu items were creative and what we ordered was deee-lish! Service was excellent and we didn't feel rushed even though people were waiting. Parking was a bit of a problem, but overall it was another great dining experience in Bend.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have gone to breakfast here a few times... it is always good and fresh. Scones are wonderful and the potatoes too. The only downfall is its popularity can make for quite the long wait and its a little pricey for breakfast but well worth it!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

McKays is one of the top three places to go for breakfast in Bend, in my opinion. The atmosphere Is homey and welcoming and provides an option of outdoor seating (with heaters for cooler mornings). I brought my adult children here when they visited Bend last week to show them the amazing food we have here in Bend. Highlights: homemade jam on my son's amazing scone, my muffin, breakfast potatoes, super fresh and plentiful fruit, and delicious chai. Keep it on your list....always!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a fantastic breakfast/lunch place. We went on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, which is one of the busiest in Bend. But, after reading other reviews about crowds at this place, I called ahead and the lady who answered the phone let us know that after 1:00pm things slow down. We arrived around 1:25pm or so, and only had to wait ten minutes. They seat people until around 2pm. While we waited for our meal--which was a long wait--they brought homemade scones with delicious raspberry jam. I'm gluten-free so couldn't eat them but family said they were great (and the waitress did mention they have GF toast). I had a vegetable omelet with cottage potatoes. Yum! My daughter had the bacon BLTA and got about 15 slices of bacon with a generous side of fresh berries. Fantastic! My 7-year-old son got two eggs and cottage potatoes, which were simple and tasty. My husband got the special -hash scramble- with fresh berries, too. He gobbled it all down. If we lived inBend, we would eat here often (although perhaps share dishes since they're so big)! Really high quality food; just plan the timing of your visit.