“Great food and generous portions”

McKay Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 471 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: McKay Cottage is a family friendly neighborhood restaurant serving award winning breakfast and lunch. McKay is located in beautiful Bend Oregon in an historical 1916 craftsman bungalow with lawn seating in the warmer months.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Been to McKay Cottage many times for both breakfast and lunch. Food is great and service always comes with a smile! My only suggestion is to change the menu up a little.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a popular place which creates a wait but once you are seated, your food is served fast and hot. They also have a covered deck w/coffee for those waiting and they'll bring your drinks to you while you are waiting. (The bloody mary looked great and seemed to be popular with the guests.) There are tables on the lawn and once again, the food is worth it. Inside, it certainly has that cottage feel. I recommend you give this place a try! Very reasonable on price too.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

It's been over a year since we have been to Bend. I searched Trip Advisor for top restaurants and number 1 was McKay Cottage. We arrived at 8:30am and we did not have to wait. As we were seated our waitress brought us a carafe of coffee and the menu. It had so many wonderful choices I could not make up my mind. When the waitress came I asked what the people next to us were having. We decided to order the croissant French toast stuffed with mascarpone cheese and a container of strawberry compote. We also ordered an Ole scramble with ham, bacon, green onions and topped with a lime cilantro sour cream. The kitchen split these items. The portions were huge. The flavored were divine. I was so impressed. When the manager or owner came over to ask how our breakfast was she was so interested in my feedback. She then told me to wait right there she had something for me. Surprise, she brought over a package of their homemade granola. Wow! It was like frosting on a really great cake!

1  Thank Madge464
Reviewed February 5, 2013

As a longtime Bend native, I'm somewhat reluctant to review this culinary gem, as it's already hard enough to nab a table sometimes! But for folks traveling through Bend, taking time to find this out-of-the-way eatery is definitely worth it. You'll then discover why the locals here regard it as one of the very best places in town for breakfast or lunch. Our family loves their delicious omelets, loaded with fresh ingredients; and I personally think McKay's offers the best quality cheeseburger and fries in our city. The service is unfailingly friendly and efficient. The only thing that'd be better is if they'd begin serving evening dinners as well! Situated in a smallish historical cottage, the wait-line can lengthen on busy weekends. An insider's tip: Go there during the warm season when outdoor tables on the green lawn more than double the available seating space (plus providing a view of the Deschutes River).

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a wonderful breakfast/lunch eatery, with seating inside and out. The bakery is top notch. The menu is very wide ranging, and the specials on the white board are definitely worth reviewing. I have usually found a way to work my schedule to stop here when in Bend. (They close at 3 PM so it can take come planning.) Wonderful food and consistent welcoming staff.