“FAB!”

McKay Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 456 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: McKay Cottage is a family friendly neighborhood restaurant serving award winning breakfast and lunch. McKay is located in beautiful Bend Oregon in an historical 1916 craftsman bungalow with lawn seating in the warmer months.
Santa Clarita, California
“FAB!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Incredibly attentive staff, fab breakfast and NO sales tax!
We ran into amazing weather for October so, we sat outside on the patio. Restaurant has a table for 4 w/a gas fire in the middle. Since it was early and a bit cool, hubby and I sat here. Fabulous breakfast, fireside, on the patio. Sun warming, birds singing. What more can a patron ask for! ?...Oh, gluten free? YEP! Just ask~ :) LOVE this place.

Visited October 2012

Bend, Oregon
“Simply excellent,you won't be disappointed”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Everything was perfect. The service, the coffee, strong and flavorfull to the marionberry scone to the "Ole Omelet" it was all to die for. My wife had the eggs benedict. She is very picky about her eggs benedict and she proclaimed it to be superb.

I've eaten at several good breakfast spots in Bend but this has been the best!

• Visited September 2012
Sisters, Oregon
“Awesome!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We went to McKay's for the first time a couple of weeks ago. There was a 40 minute wait but they offer complimentary coffee. Or......if you go up to the counter, they will make you a mimosa or bloody mary.
I tried the mimosa with pineapple infused vodka! OMG!!! The best ever!
My husband had the bloody mary and said it was the best he ever had as well.

For breakfast, I had a struggle since everything looked wonderful. My husband got a scramble dish. He is a big guy and could not eat it all!
I got the crepes with fresh berries. Oh my!

• Visited August 2012
Port Townsend, Washington
“Go on a week day”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

You'll wait in line with the locals on the week end. This was a great place for a relaxing Tuesday morning with good food, great coffee and friendly staff. The couple at the next table were vacationing, too, and I asked where they heard about McKay Cottage. Sure enough, it was tripadvisor, just like us. Tripadvisor has never led us wrong!

• Visited September 2012
Bend, Oregon
“Enjoy Breakfast Outdoors. Furry Friends welcome too.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Where to go after a hike, and dogs are along? McKay Cottage!
Sitting outside, with a gentle breeze, good friends, and great food is my kind of breakfast!

When we were seated, the server brought a bowl of water for our dogs, and a doggie biscuit. Then, the rest of us got to order. (lol).
There is a great variety on the menu. I loved the scones, omlettes and bloody marys.

What else do you want? Fast, friendly service, good friends, great food, and dogs are allowed.
That is all that I need!

• Visited August 2012