“The peanut chicken is fantastic”
Review of The Phoenix

The Phoenix
Reserve with OpenTable
The Phoenix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 471 Restaurants in Bend
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus stop at corner of 27th & the Forum Shopping Center
Description: Open everyday from 11:30am to 9:00pm, with the lounge open until 10:00pm Wednesday through Saturday.
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I've only eaten here once, but I found the peanut chicken absolutely fantastic. They got the spicy/peanut/sweet (mandarin segments) tastes perfectly balanced to make a great sauce for 2 generous and moist boneless chicken breasts. Priced right - a bit spendy but a huge meal. Service was fine - my rating mostly reflects that one dish.

If the peanut chicken is any indication of their overall quality, this place is a winner.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We went there for they're "early bird" dinner menu. Not to bad, it's basically the same food as their regular dinner just in smaller portions and smaller prices. I had the salmon and it was pretty good, nice plate presentation! Service was good, always kept water glasses full and checked on us often. I have sat in their bar for HH and it was good as well. The Phoenix is a fun, relaxing place to hang out and enjoy the food and drinks with friends or family.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were in town to see a concert and grabbed dinner at The Phoenix before the show. The service was spectacular and the food was delicious. We ordered off the prix fixe menu and I highly recommed that as the way to go, as you get 3 courses for only a bit more than the entree price. We both had the caesar salad (very lemony) and my husband tried the salmon and said it was some of the best he'd eaten. I had the fish and chips. The fish was lightly battered and crispy, but also flaky. It came with matchstick fries that were perfect. Both of us tried a different dessert. I had the creme brulee (creamy and sweet) and my husbad got the key lime tartlet in raspberry syrup. They balance each other out nicely and had a great lime flavor. If we ever go back to Bend, we'll definitely eat at The Phoenix again. Loved the atmosphere and the decor as well.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The Phoenix is located on the east side of Bend, close to Costco. The steak is to die for, the best we have had (we have lived in Bend for 18 years) in Central Oregon. My husband and I took one bite and said OMG! I also have tried the grilled praws, fish & chips, crispy fried calamari and the soy-glazed salmon all cooked to perfection. My husband only sees the steaks or hamburgers on the menue and if they are not above average he will not go back. The service is great, always checking back to make sure you are enjoying your meal (lacking in other places) and everyone is very friendly and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I recently took a coworker to lunch for her birthday. The restaurant was quiet with few occupied tables. The service was friendly though on the slower side for those who are on a lunch break from work. Food was average lunch fare, price was on the higher side. The shoestring fries were very good. They surprised my friend with a brownie birthday sundae which was very good. The Phoenix would be a good choice for a nice lunch. Nothing special, but good.