The Oxford Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,326 results
All reviewspillow menufrench pressdowntown bendboutique hotelturn down serviceheart of downtownsteam roomamazing hotelthe entire staffthe lower leveltop floorthe location is perfectsitting areabeautiful roomdrake parkfitness centerbusiness trip
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this property. From the moment I stepped out at the front door until my departure after a six day stay, I had wonderful service from the staff. They managed that magic balance of highly professional and friendly. The hotel restaurant 10 Below was a real surprise as normally I would not choose to eat "in" but the quality of the food and the excellent presentation made 10 Below a favourite gathering place for many, who like me were there for the excellent Bend Film Festival. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Bend and I certainly hope to stay there again next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pmgould
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I loved this hotel. My husband and I came here for our anniversary and we were not the least bit disappointed. From check in to check out the hotel staff make you feel like royalty regardless of class.

The room was so well appointed. We had a large king size bed that slept wonderful! At the foot of it was a bench and off to the side was a sitting area (like a mini suite). The bathroom was really modern and top of the line with both a shower and tub so bring the bubble bath! Very nice soap products. Dani I think.

The location is downtown and walking distance to many coffee shops, restaurants and also McMenamins (which is a favorite haunt of mine). If you do not want to venture out they have a lovely restaurant bar downstairs called 10 Below that was very classy with decent drinks and food.

If you are a smoker, this is a non-smoking hotel but you can simply go out the front lobby and across the street is a bench that you can sit on to the left. I did not mind doing this at all.

This hotel smelled really good and was very clean. I would most definitely come back next year for my anniversary again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ike7101
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Like other reviewers have noted, this hotel offers a lot of nice amenities and overall great experience. It's located centrally in town and everything is in walking distance. The room occupied was called a 'Boutique King' - it was very spacious with sitting area, desk, small kitchen area and a very large bathroom. Can't imaging needing a larger room. The staff service was great and it was easy to call the concierge for anything you wished for including a particular type of tea. During departure, the hotel staff was again wonderful and it seemed like we were leaving a friend's home rather than a hotel. When in Bend, we'll be back! P.S. Enjoyed Dudeley's Bookshop Cafe for coffee/breakfast just down the street.

Room Tip: While room 209 was over the lobby area and on the street, it was quiet and the hotel has great blackout shades.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I think this is my favorite hotel I've ever stayed in.
The staff has attended to every detail, to make your experience a pleasant one.
All attendants were just so personable: parking attendant, bellman, front desk receptionist, housekeeper, and restaurant staff-- I was really amazed. As a frequent traveler, I'm used to accommodating other peoples' occasional shortcomings, in the realm of interpersonal interaction, but not at Oxford.
I think that, no matter what "class" you normally "fly," The Oxford Hotel will impress you. I can't wait to come back here-- I'm never staying anywhere else in the Bend/ Central Oregon area ever again. It's the best.
Side note: the restaurant, 10 Below. Wonderful hotel food, better than I expected. I usually have a hard time at restaurants because of multiple food intolerances, and I often have to order a combination of things off the menu that aren't otherwise related (which, generally, either isn't permitted, or royally tees off the chef), so I got nervous when my bartender/ server wasn't writing down all that I was saying, to bring back to the kitchen. To my surprise and delight, all that I ordered came out perfectly, even though it was pretty complex (thanks, Claudia!). The chef made a point to greet me and explain that I needn't feel bad: making people happy is his specialty (thanks, Dustin!). They have a ridiculously great happy hour here (two of 'em, actually), so it actually makes it possible to eat and drink on the cheap... even at an upscale boutique hotel downtown! Doesn't get much more Oregonian than that! So sweet, so accommodating.
Oh yeah, and the workout area boasts an epic steam room that'll make you forget what planet you're on, as well as a pretty top-notch whirlpool and traditional sauna. Yes. Perfect after a day of driving.
They really take care of you here, and it feels so good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank theefamousperson
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We are a family, of 5 persons, the kids are teenagers. We stayed at this hotel for only 1 night (unfortunately). We came to Bend without a reserved hotel in town, looking for a hotel we ran into The Oxford Hotel. The staff were pleasant and very kind to us at all times, especially the Valet/Bellboy guy. The room was very spacious, although it didn't have enough beds to accommodate us all one of our kids had to sleep on the coach, that after all was very comfortable. To sum up; valuable hotel, excellent service, very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family