WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Oxford Hotel

The Oxford Hotel
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Woodside, California
“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Beautiful room, perfect downtown location, and a staff that provides service as good as any I've ever encountered, anywhere in the world. Seriously. The room amenities are top-notch (even a french press in every room for making coffee), and the furnishings are beautiful. Free bikes to borrow, or the staff is happy to drive you anywhere, anytime. I've had the opportunity to stay in many different hotels around the world (including some several times this price) and I honestly found my experience at the Oxford to be extraordinary.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The location is at the heart of downtown Bend, so there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. We did have to valet park, but they were very quick, so this was less of an issue than it could have been. The decor and rooms are decidedly stylish, modernistic, and environmentally friendly. Free wifi, fitness room, and laundry. Views of Mount Bachelor, Broken Top, and the Three Sisters from our room on the top floor. All staff were very attentive and friendly. This is a relatively pricey place, but worth every penny in my opinion. I would stay there again if I found myself in Bend.

Room Tip: Top floor - best views, and the fitness room and laundry are right there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the Oxford for three nights in June, 2013. The restaurant downstairs was under rennovation, which was a shame, but their full menu was available through room service. And due to the hotel's location in downtown Bend, finding a good place to eat within walking distance was not a problem. It was such a surprise to find such a nice hotel in a small town like Bend! The rooms were spacious, well-furnished with a small kitchenette, and a little on the elegant side. The bed was comfortable, and they offered a service where, if you didn't like your pillow, you could order a new one off their pillow menu. Never had to use it, but nice touch! And interestingly, they had French press coffee in their rooms, instead of the usual automatic drip kind. I'd never made it before, but they had instructions that were easy to follow, and it was wonderful. And the staff was absolutely fabulous! I've stayed at a lot of up-scale places during my travels, including several Four Seasons properties, and the genuinely friendly service at the Oxford simply can't be touched. If I ever make it back to Bend, I'll definitely want to book with them again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I stayed a couple of nights and had a wonderful stay, except the $50 parking ticket, but that's a different story. The hotel is located downtown and in the middle of all the fun. The staff was very attentive to our needs. They also have laundry facilities on site and they are FREE! This is a great option when you are on a 14day tour of Oregon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We spent three wonderful nights in October 2012 and enjoyed everything about this hotel. The décor is new, modern and elegant. Our deluxe room was comfortable, very clean and quiet. The staff was v. helpful and polite. The restaurant was delicious for breakfast, hors d'oeuvres and drinks. No doubt about it, we will return to The Oxford on our next trip to Bend---a fun town with good shops and restos.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

A friend of mine and I stayed here for two nights while enjoying Bend and absolutely loved this hotel! All of the staff were fantastic, friendly, and helpful. The room was large and had loads of space for all of our stuff! Very comfortable beds and couch with two tv's. The decor is urban contemporary and has lots of nice touches. Good size bathroom with a separate toilet room. We also enjoyed the bar and restaurant in the lower level. Nice wine selections and delicious food, along with a very friendly waitstaff. I would definitely stay here again anytime I am anywhere near Bend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Linda R
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

As a person who travels frequently for business (and pleasure!), I have stayed A LOT of places and I can say in all honesty I am fairly certain nowhere I have ever stayed outshines the Oxford Hotel in Bend, Oregon. I would travel out of my way just to come stay here again.

Not only is the level of service from the concierge and staff impeccable, professional, and friendly, but they aim to please on all levels.

And the rooms .... let's just say this was the first hotel I've ever been in that I actually took off my shoes and didn't worry about what I was walking on. And the beds are heavenly. I had the best night of sleep.

The only thing I didn't like was that I had to leave!!!

Well done, Oxford, well done!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business